"Welcome to Rene Cardoen's travel world" RENE_CARDOEN's Profile
Is the Austrian way to say "good day or goodbye".
SERVUS is also the name of our AUSTRIA-FRIENDS CLUB whose general purpose is to stimulate social and cultural contacts between the Flemish and Austrian people. The picture was taken during a musical garden party at the clubhouse in Mechelen on a hot summer evening. As you can see, we love eating and whine tasting. Unfortunately you can?t hear the romantic Strauss music played by a palm-court orchestra in the backyard.
No need to tell that we definitively do have Burgundian roots.
My wife, Felicienne and I have two sons, Pieter (1970) - David (1974) and three grandchildren, Laura (December 3, 1999) – Brent (January 3, 2001) – Amalia (December 3, 2002)
Our family lives close together in and around Zaventem, situated to the east of the capital Brussels.
Due to a very concentrated road network around the capital with unavoidable traffic jams plus the nearness of Belgium’s most important international airport, people around this area suffer a lot of noise, air pollution and stress. So, in order to maintain our mental health we decided to leave our home as much and as long as we can, looking for quiet places all over the world.
President J.F. Kennedy's words had such an impact on me that I became an active member of an Amateur Observatory...
A synthesizer generated sounds a human being never heard before!
We poor Belgians ended last classified, with no points.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 255 Reviews
- 312 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- Commented on RENE_CARDOEN's profile page
- RENE_CARDOEN and filipdebont are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Turku Forum "Re: Ferry Stockholm - Turku"
- updated a Black Forest Travel Page "GERMANY – THE BLACK FOREST"
- Uploaded a Photo to "GERMANY – THE BLACK FOREST"
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to Rene Cardoen's travel world"
- Wrote a Review Military forces and tourist police are omnipresent in Egypt Warnings and Dangers
Top 10 Pages
- Hungary Intro, 68 reviews, 69 photos
- Portugal Intro, 52 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Zealand Intro, 45 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Egypt Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zaventem Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Germany Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Spain Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincie Groningen Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Austria Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos