"Hello Friend!" Funreik's Profile

Just to say hello

Hi,

I am glad you found my page. How are you?

I live in probably one of the most beautiful cities in Germany - Dresden. Everytime I have been abroad, I always felt home when returning to Dresden.

I have been traveling the world a little bit. Went to many countries around Europe, eastern and western. Most of mi time abroad I lived and traveled North and South America. Especially South America is pretty recommendable.

I love big cities like Amsterdam, London and Rome just like I do love the nature in Chile and the Mississippi the South of the U.S.

About my next bigger trips - I don't know. I would love to see down under as well as Afrika. I'd love to visit Canada and Russia.

What I like most about traveling is to get to know a bunch of people. Experiencing cultures and different ways of living opens my mind. All this is part of the most desirable richness which I'd like to achive.

If you are traveling Europe, give it chance to stop in Dresden to see all those beatiful old architecture. And the incredible peaceful nature outside of town. Allow maybe 2-3 days. When you are in town, contact me for any advise.

Keep traveling!
Regards,
Karsten.

About Dresden

Dresden,

there are plenty of photos and recommendations about Dresden. I don't feel like providing double information. However, this pic is not as usual because I took from a place which is not typical for picture-taking-tourist.

It shows the world famous "Frauenkriche" (which means something like woman church - however, it is open for man as well...). It was destroyed in WWII. After a three day fire, it collapsed because of the heat.

The picture was taken just a few days after the rebuilding of the building was finished. It is just incredible, that the reconstructions was paid by contributions from all over the world.

The church is located in the center of the city, closed to many famous old buildings.

• Intro Updated Aug 24, 2004

• sprdak11's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2005 at 3:20 AM

Nice homepage. Greetings!

• Guedes's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2004 at 11:39 AM

Hi! Your homepage pics are beautiful! I have just seen a few pictures of Dresden and it really looks beautiful! Too bad you only have 3 pics of it... =T

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Funreik's Profile Photo

Funreik

“you always meet twice in your live”

Ranked Member