"A place of beauty it is not" Tigard by Shaft28
Tigard Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 37 photos
Ah lovely Tigard, OR - a true suburb of Portland. It was an unincorperated area between portland, Beaverton and Lake Oswego until the late 1950's and now it is the little triangle known as Tigard.
Population 50k or so, all thriving off the 2 main highway/freeways (99 & 5) through the middle.
Pretty much absolutely nothing to do here, unless you want fast food, creepy bars or low life strip clubs. You see 99 was the old trucker HWY, so cheap motels, gas stations, crappy fast food and strip clubs abound!
It is conveniently close to my work, the mall, downtown and a few choice places for me. Otherwise it is a boring suburb.
Best part is, I no longer live there. What a hole it is becoming.
- Pros:Close to Portland, all shopping amenities, close to my job
- Cons:Kind of a b*tthole town. Not too clean, or community spirit.
- In a nutshell:Boring suburb, cheaper housing than Portland.
Shaft28's Related Pages
Tigard Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A place of beauty it is not"
- "Westside Suburb, small somewhat preserved Downtown"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tigard
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Tigard?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tigard
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 75 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Miami Beach Intro, 34 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Jose Intro, 18 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Iberia Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos
- Seaside Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 8 reviews, 3 photos
- New York City Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Cannon Beach Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Puerto Rico Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Paris Intro, 1 review, 4 photos