Portland Hotel Tips by Shaft28 Top 5 Page for this destination
Portland Hotels: 54,820 reviews and 96 photos
Best known in the US for where Jack Nicolson was filmed in the Shining, but to the ski community it is a place where there is almost year-round skiing.
Truly a ski lodge with small, but quaint rooms.
Great service and a fantastic restaurant.
Views are amazing and worth the not very expensive price.
Just an hour away from Portland, what more can you ask for!
Unique Qualities: Near the peak of Mt Hood.
Great pool and saunas.
The architecture is wonderful
$75 to $230.
Address: Mt Hood
Price Comparison: about average
Very nice, very high end hotel. Great restraunt and bar, a local favorite.
Best part about the Heathman is during the Summer they have summer rates. I believe during July the doorman makes an announcement in the afternoon that rooms rates are set at the days temperature high.
So a room that normally goes for $170-210 is not at $90! (Never gets that hot here).
Unique Qualities: Great boutique hotel - took my wife here for our 3rd anniversary and had an awesome time. The whole staff knew were were celebrating our day, treated us super. The room was absolutely fanatastic and we had so much fun we decided to skip our reservations and eat there for dinner and again for breakfast - both were outstanding in food and service.
The bar is also a great spot to hang out in.
We love it here even if it is only 5 miles from our house!
Address: 1001 SW Broadway at Salmon
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Downtown - city center
Phone: (503) 241-4100
An old ranch, a insane asylum, an old elemantary school, and more - all converted to hotels. McMenamin's offers a handful of creative hotels with great restaurants, pubs and more inside. Some even have movie theatres and glass blowing house.
You have to check them out to undertands them- and all a great deal financially.
Unique Qualities: Each one is more unique than the next - nothing else out there like these.
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: all around the Portland area
More Reviews (72)
- See All East Side!
- See All PF Chang's - finally great Chinese food...
- See All Voo Doo Lounge
- See All "Friend with Boat"
- See All Driving in Bridgetown
- See All Need some fresh fruit?
Shaft28's Related Pages
Portland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nearest Big City"
- "CITY OF ROSES, RIVERS AND MOUNTAIN CORGIS"
- "Portland, an great liveable city"
- "The Pearl of the Pacific Northwest"
- "If it's tourist season, can we shoot them?"
- "A beautiful city to visit even on a short trip"
- "We Gotta Get Out of This Place: Portland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Portland
- Hotels in Portland
- Transportation in Portland
- Nightlife in Portland
- Restaurants in Portland
- Shopping in Portland
- Warnings and Dangers in Portland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Portland
- 75 Reviews
- 79 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Portland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Portland
Read real reviews about Portland Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 75 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Miami Beach Intro, 34 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Jose Intro, 18 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Iberia Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos
- Seaside Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 8 reviews, 3 photos
- New York City Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Cannon Beach Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Puerto Rico Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Paris Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Downtown- 55 Reviews, 129 Photos
- Japanese Garden- 21 Reviews, 37 Photos
- Water Front Park- 25 Reviews, 45 Photos
- Washington Park- 29 Reviews, 46 Photos
- Chinatown- 14 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Mount Hood- 5 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Oregon Coast- 6 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Rose Festival- 6 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Multnomah Falls- 6 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Saturday Market- 9 Reviews, 12 Photos
See All Portland Things to Do