"New Iberia, LA" Top 5 Page for this destination New Iberia by Shaft28

New Iberia Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 135 photos

New Iberia is a great getaway for the weekend. Really becoming a bed and breakfast type of community - a great spot to stay a few days on your trip through true Cajun country.
We loved this city so much that this is where my wife and I married in spring 2003. Great down to have 200+ friends and family descent upon the town and take it over for a few days (160 from LA and TX and 40+ from CA, CT, OR & WA)
Cool little downtown area, a couple miles the Tabasco Plant (Averery Island is incorporated in New Iberia), Konriko Rice Mill, a bar from the 1800's in Clemetine's, Shadows on the Teche plantation house and about the frienliest people I've ever met. Not to mention a few dozen great little shops and restaurants.
A wonderful, relaxing weekend can be spent here. I look forward to all the continuous renovations taking place in this town.

Chomp!
One of my favorite memories of N.I. (beside getting married) was going from shop to shop having the owners ask my wife (who's from about 20 miles north) "Who's your daddy?"
And in every case they knew him and of her family. Gotta love it.

• Pros:friendly people, downhome cooking, history
  • Cons:occasional hurricanes
  • In a nutshell:Small town turning into a weekend getaway bed and breakfast community.
  • Last visit to New Iberia: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Apr 28, 2006

• Feb 1, 2009 at 7:53 AM

My family ate at Clementines,horrible experience Bobby the waiters only comment at any point was "no problem."My dish Grouper with crabmeat the worst I have ever experianced! Mush tasteless pasta. the restroom is outside of the main building "filthy"

• Dec 15, 2007 at 5:20 AM

I eat at Victor's often with my Mom and best friend. We LOVE it there. The atmosphere is plain and the staff is very sweet and helpful. It's cafeteria style and it draws a very local business crowd. Defintely worth a four star rating.

• BuickMackane's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2004 at 10:27 PM

Delightful page. Hope married life is treating you both well!

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2003 at 5:58 PM

Looks like a nice place to get married, but I bet it's culture shock, coming from California.

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2003 at 10:04 PM

Sounds real friendly - how nice. That food is good but I'm not sure its not fattening...lol Now that sure is some Grooms cake...lol scary..:-))

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2003 at 4:18 PM

getting married in gator country sure is something special and a fond memory indeed!!! Nice page!

• scrooge1947's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2003 at 3:40 PM

Well thats a wedding cake with a difference.

• jessicadf's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2003 at 2:13 PM

Land of Tabasco? Perfect place for a wedding! Just don't splatter the bride's dress.

• o00o's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2003 at 11:11 AM

Awesome tips.

• SeaBreezeUSA's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2003 at 6:40 AM

New Iberia does have much to offer!

Shaft28 Visits Here Frequently!

Shaft28

“Have toddler, no travel.”

Badges & Stats in New Iberia

Have you been to New Iberia?

Latest Activity in New Iberia