"10 years too long" Top 5 Page for this destination Gilroy by Shaft28
Gilroy Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 111 photos
I lived in glroy for about 8 years over the course of my life. From 16 to 24 and then a short stint at 29 before I moved to Portland.
What I can tell you is Gilroy is 34 miles from San Jose because all my jobs, school and friends were in San Jose.
Not a whole lot to do in Gilroy.
When I moved their in 1988, the hot teen thing to do was to hang at the safeway in you slammed minitruck. Needless to say, I stayed home.
Besides my dramatic outh, Gilroy is a great place to raise a family.
Gets hot during the summer and you can smell the garlic, onions, & shallots they grow every (EVERY) morning.
If there the last weekend in july, you must go to the Garlic Festival. Hot, packed and some amazing food.
- Pros:garlic, GREAT Mexican food
- Cons:no nightlife whatsoever
- In a nutshell:Once you've eaten garlic ice cream, what's left...
Fight your way through traffic as 250,000+ people visit this town (a day) of 50,000 residents. Get your garlic... more travel advice
Shaft28's Related Pages
Gilroy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gilroy: The Garlic Capital of the World"
- "10 years too long"
- "What's that smell?"
- "Not Quite Gilroy, actually San Martin"
- "One Night In Gilroy"
- "Gilroy was a great place to live."
- "Gilroy -- The Garlic Capital of the World"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gilroy
- Hotels in Gilroy
- Transportation in Gilroy
- Restaurants in Gilroy
- Shopping in Gilroy
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gilroy
- 3 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Gilroy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gilroy
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 75 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Miami Beach Intro, 34 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Jose Intro, 18 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Iberia Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos
- Seaside Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 8 reviews, 3 photos
- New York City Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Cannon Beach Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Puerto Rico Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Paris Intro, 1 review, 4 photos