"South Africa Road Trip" Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa by AndreSTGT

South Africa Travel Guide: 12,016 reviews and 28,579 photos

South Africa is a traveler's dream come true. Few countries in the world have so much to offer in terms of diversity : beaches, game parks, great cities, gorgeous scenery, excellent food and wine. All this can be enjoyed in a country without mass tourism, and where else in the world do you get first world luxury at third world prices?

I spent seven weeks in South Africa and wished i could have stayed longer.

For info on Cape Town and the Western Cape region please take a look at my Cape Town page

• Pros:Wildlife, beaches, food, people, great value
  • Cons:racial inequality, huge discrepancy between rich and poor
  • In a nutshell:Go and see for yourself
  • Last visit to South Africa: Oct 2002
  • Intro Updated Jan 23, 2005

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2009 at 10:25 AM

Great tips! Thanks for the info. Looks like you had a great time.

• Jul 8, 2008 at 6:50 AM

I think the best way to South Africa is by driving around and in it. Hire a camper van or motor home with friends and family and just enjoy the country for as long as you want. http://www.driveafrica.co.za

• SouthernAfricaGuide's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2008 at 1:49 AM

Hi Andre, all is not as it seems, racially speaking, and a lot of positive things are happening in our country. We just hosted an Afican family at Oak Grove Farm in the heart of the Overberg and there were R1.5m worth of cars outside Rooibos House!

• canuck68's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2007 at 9:49 PM

I think South Africa got to you as it did to me. I enjoyed your very good pictures and your tips. Thanks, Diane

• LuisGuimaraes's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2006 at 6:45 AM

very very good page and tips!! haven't read the dairy yet, but will do it when I have more time. Cheers!

• nora_south_africa's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2006 at 9:04 AM

Hi Andre, thanx very much for all your lovely comments about our wonderful country!!! Glad you loved it here and hope you return some day....

• Feb 26, 2006 at 10:28 AM

Hi Andre, I am glad that you like South Africa as much as I do! Greetings! I shall have to return to this page.:~))

• sprdak11's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2005 at 5:20 AM

Great website with nice photos and interesting tips! Greetings from Poland!

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2005 at 8:17 AM

Great photos and choices of where you went on your trip here. Looks like you have discovered plenty more opportunities when you return to uncover more.

• wcph's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2004 at 7:53 PM

Excellent page with lots of good photos and tips.

AndreSTGT

“Love You Long Time”

Badges & Stats in South Africa

Have you been to South Africa?

Friends