"Colombia Maravillosa" Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia by AndreSTGT

Colombia Travel Guide: 4,157 reviews and 12,221 photos

Why Colombia?

Originally i had planned on only visiting Venezuela on my first trip to South America.
Fortunately i changed my mind after talking to other travelers in a Posada in Coro. They had just returned from Colombia and convinced me to go.
BUT... is it not too dangerous? What about all those horror stories in the media?
Frankly, i did not care. I just wanted to give it a try, do something unusual.
And guess what, i am still alive and loved every minute i spent in this wonderful country.

Exchange rate : 1Euro = 2000 Ps

• Pros:Great landscape, friendly people, good value
  • Cons:With common sense and a bit of luck there are no cons
  • In a nutshell:Where beauty and tragedy go hand in hand
  • Last visit to Colombia: Sep 2001
  • Intro Updated May 19, 2005

• calcaf38's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2007 at 11:40 AM

I enjoyed your report from the Ciudad Perdida trek. Great adventure. Thank you for sharing.

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2006 at 1:47 AM

nice page. i really want to visit colombia. i have been so many times to south america, but not there yet. hopefully soon.

• panderita's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2005 at 10:05 AM

The way you describe cities like Cartagena are the reasons I always come back home.

• MrRandMcnally's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2005 at 6:52 PM

I’m very jealous of your Cuidad Perdida trip. I’ve done my fair share of traveling in Colombia but I think that one is a little to much for me as things are now. Thanks for the info and Pictures

• travelinxs's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2004 at 4:39 PM

Yea, like you I dont care (enough...my mum will kill me...) so Im on the way up there. Pitty about the trek these days - you were lucky to get that in. V.interesting. (Btw, does the palitable orgasm have a connection to fondest memory?!!!!)

• Bushman23's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2004 at 12:30 AM

Wow, this place looks awesome, Dangerous or not! Would love to hear more! Anton

• CyrilHH's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2004 at 8:13 AM

Que suerte que no te perdiste en el camino a Ciudad Perdida! Si no, no pudieramos leer tus cuentos impresionantes y seductores. Excelente!

• SirRichard's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2003 at 6:39 AM

Colombia seems quite attractive, but those warning news you can read everyday look so frightening... anyway U surviced, didn't you? Great tips, BTW!

• hassan_abu's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2003 at 1:28 AM

Agree with you about Cartegena. Breathtaking isn't it? Oooh, I could do with one of those jugos naturales, especially Naranja jugos, slurp... :>

• Marie-France's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2003 at 9:29 PM

Interesting tips about an unusual destination. I'll come back and read more of your pages about out-of-the-way places!!

AndreSTGT

“Love You Long Time”

Badges & Stats in Colombia

Have you been to Colombia?

Latest Activity in Colombia