"Verdant Beauty" Madeira Island by AndreSTGT
Madeira Island Travel Guide: 776 reviews and 1,839 photos
Madeira is a verdant paradise with lush rainforest, waterfalls and impressive, wild coastline.
The island is a hiker's dream with lots of ancient trails along levadas (old irrigation canals) that penetrate deeply into the island's interior, leading through magnificent landscapes.
Madeira is furthermore blessed with the absence of long, sandy beaches and has thus escaped the fate of many other European islands that are spoilt with ugly beach resorts. Madeira is a destination for nature lovers (and pensioners), and not overrun by hordes of sun-seekers.
- In a nutshell:Europe's most beautiful island
Madeira is also called 'swimming garden in the Atlantic ocean'. I'm not into botany, but the vegetation of the island is... more travel advice
With an elevation of 1838m, Pico do Areiro is one of Madeira's highest peaks, and the only one whose summit is... more travel advice
AndreSTGT's Related Pages
Madeira Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Madeira Island - Sculpted by Gods"
- "Madeira - Small archipelago of volcanic orgin."
- "Madeira: spectacular island of tunnels"
- "ISLAND OF FLOWERS"
- "ilha da madeira"
- "An island of flowers and stunning scenery"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Madeira Island
- Hotels in Madeira Island
- Transportation in Madeira Island
- Nightlife in Madeira Island
- Restaurants in Madeira Island
- Shopping in Madeira Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Madeira Island
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Madeira Island
- 11 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Madeira Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Madeira Island
Photos in Madeira IslandSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 49 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Laos Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 39 reviews, 44 photos
- India Intro, 32 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 39 reviews, 35 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 27 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Burma Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vietnam Intro, 32 reviews, 28 photos
- Venezuela Intro, 23 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 27 reviews, 29 photos, 4 travelogues
No friends yet.