"La Isla Bonita" Top 5 Page for this destination Minorca Island by AndreSTGT
Minorca Island Travel Guide: 224 reviews and 624 photos
The Balearic Islands have a bad reputation among "serious" travelers. Overcrowded beaches, congested coastline, full of insensitive package tourists and lager louts. These are the attributes usually given to the islands. And i cannot refute this. But this is only one side of the medal. Few people acknowledge that the islands are simply stunningly beautiful.
Though far from being unspoilt, Menorca is still most relaxed of the three. Being a UNESCO Biosphere reserve and having a slightly colder climate than its neighbours, the island has been saved from the fate of Mallorca where mass tourism really shows its ugly face. If you visit in spring or fall (the best time to go, anyway) it is still possible to find some beautiful uncrowded "calas", esp. in the quiet north. Huge, ugly hotel complexes are also quite rare, so all in all, this is a great place for a short escape to soak up some sun.
The island is blessed with some of the most beautiful beaches in the Mediterranean and the two magnificent old towns of Maó and Ciutadella.
- Pros:great beaches and towns, good food
- Cons:this is not an undiscovered paradise
- In a nutshell:Sunny island, me gusta mucho
Son Bou is Menorca's only long sandy beach. There are two very unattractive hotels at the eastern end, but the beach is... more travel advice
In a location where one does not expect to find such an exquisite restaurant, Es Moix serves probably the most creative... more travel advice
AndreSTGT's Related Pages
Minorca Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Menorca: Sun, Sea, Sand And, Err, Fiesta!"
- ""Cala n Bosc""
- "La Isla Bonita"
- "A little island with loads of history"
- "The Balearic Boomerang"
- "Menorca - A fascinating island in the Balearics"
- "Family Fun"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Minorca Island
- Hotels in Minorca Island
- Transportation in Minorca Island
- Nightlife in Minorca Island
- Restaurants in Minorca Island
- Shopping in Minorca Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Minorca Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Minorca Island
- 20 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Minorca Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Minorca Island
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 49 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Laos Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 39 reviews, 44 photos
- India Intro, 32 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 39 reviews, 35 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 27 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Myanmar (Burma) Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vietnam Intro, 32 reviews, 28 photos
- Venezuela Intro, 23 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 27 reviews, 29 photos, 4 travelogues
No friends yet.