"Angkor Une Fois" AndreSTGT's Profile
Life makes no sense, being in love is just an illusion, and no, i'm not depressed. I don't feel like it's necessary to find a big meaning, a masterplan. It's those small sensations, these short moments of pure happiness that make life worth living. I collect them and hold them dear! When i travel the frequency of these moments multiplies...
"No serious-minded, hard-working man has the time, the spare energy or the inclination to abandon himself to passion. Passion can only flourish among the well-fed unemployed"
Back from eight months in Australia, Fiji and South East Asia. Had the time of my life! Thanks to all the great people i met along the way!!!
Some Highlights :
-going mental in King's Cross, Sydney
-existing without thinking on the beautiful coral island of Caqelai, Fiji
-spending christmas and NYE in Perth, 38 degrees, sunshine and cold beer
-seeing R.E.M. live in Hongkong
"Money brings no satisfaction if one has to work for it; for if one works for it one has no time to spend it" (Those barren leaves)
I think taste and preferences say a lot about people, so i'll do this in the old fashioned "my favorite..." way.
Favorite films (comedy) : Monty Python's Meaning of life and Life of Brian, Austin Powers1 (the sequels are ***e), What's new pussycat?, old 007 movies, I Heart Huckabees
Favorite films (drama) :Dangerous Liaisons, Before Sunrise/Sunset, L'amant, Die Fetten Jahre sind vorbei (The Edukators)
Favorite actors : John Cusack, Kevin Kline, Alain Delon, Moritz Bleibtreu, Daniel Bruehl
Favorite actresses :Romy Schneider, Emmanuelle Beart, Kate Winslet
Favorite books : "Women in love" (D.H. Lawrence), "1984" (Orwell), "High Fidelity" (Hornby), "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" (Kundera) and many more... Sartre, Camus, de Beauvoir, Marukami, Hesse, Kafka, Dostoievski, Marquez, Wilde....
Favorite bands :alltime favorites are the Beatles, Pulp and R.E.M, at the moment Franz Ferdinand, The Strokes, Babyshambles, Morrissey and The Smiths,The Raconteurs, Elliott Smith, Garbage, Maximo Park, Death Cab For Cutie, The Long Blondes, Muse, Flaming Lips, The Libertines, Fratellis, Radiohead and classics such as The Doors, The Kinks... I also enjoy listening to French chansons (Gainsbourg, Aznavour...); i love the title song of Emmanuelle and generally the soundtracks of cheesy 70s French softporn films (did i say that out loud?) und dann bin natürlich auch Fan von der besten Band der Welt aus Berlin (aus Berlin!!!!!!!)
Favorite food : i'm a food lover and i love to sample local food in the countries i visit.
I love Dim Sum, Sushi, Thai curries, Foie gras, King prawns, Moroccan Pastilla... and Fusion food in general
Favorite drinks :Caipirinha and good red wine (Rosemount Shiraz being my fav)
Favorite languages :i speak German and English fluently, as well as decent Spanish and French, but i guess my favorite language is French
My bigger trips in the last couple of years :
1995 : Malaysia (Borneo), Thailand
1996 : Malaysia, Thailand
1997 : Thailand
1998 : Tour de France (Cycling)
1999 : Malaysia, Thailand
2000 : Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Spain, USA
2001 : India, Pakistan, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Venezuela, Colombia, Madeira
2002 : Andalucia, Thailand, Laos, Eastern Europe road trip, South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Gran Canaria
2003 : Burma, Thailand, Menorca, Germany road trip, Denmark, Cambodia, Rome
2004 : Paris, Prague, Poland, Southern Italy, Sicily, Slovenia, Croatia, Basque Country, Southern France, Corsica,The Baltics, Thailand, Australia, Fiji
2005 : Tasmania, Macau, Hongkong, Thailand, Cambodia, Sardegna, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, Romania, Hungary, UK, Belgium
2006 : Italy, Switzerland, Cycling Indochina, a few visits to Ingerland, Morocco
2007 : Malaysia, Thailand, Iran, Cycling Germany and GB
When someone asks me about my favorite city, country etc... i always find it very hard if not impossible to answer. I have so far enjoyed every country i visited, for different reasons obviously, but i simply cannot say : this is the place i love the most.
I really tried to compile a list of my favorite places, most memorable moments and fascinating experiences on my homepage, but it turned out to be impossible. There are too many!!!
And we dance and drink and screw because there's nothing else to do.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 758 Reviews
- 1,227 Photos
- 37 Countries
- 53 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- Posted in Travel Ozamis City Forum "Re: bus or van from dipolog to..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Beng Mealea - the long-lost jungle temple"
- created a Cambodia Travelogue "Beng Mealea - the long-lost jungle temple"
updated their Profile Page "Angkor Une Fois"
- Commented on one of Mique's Burma travel pages
- Wrote a Review Newcomer on 'Food Street' in Bangkok Restaurants
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Africa Intro, 49 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Laos Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 39 reviews, 44 photos
- India Intro, 32 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 39 reviews, 35 photos
- Burma Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cambodia Intro, 27 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vietnam Intro, 32 reviews, 28 photos
- Venezuela Intro, 23 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 27 reviews, 29 photos, 4 travelogues
No friends yet.
- Paris Hotels
- 22500 Reviews - 55076 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23331 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15645 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3100 Reviews - 5884 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10316 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26769 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos