"The most picturesque place in Colorado" Top 5 Page for this destination Telluride by Martinewezel
Telluride Travel Guide: 55 reviews and 78 photos
The Rockies stole my heart.
Located on the scenic San Juan Skyway in the heart of southwest Colorado, Telluride and Mountain village are located 125 miles northwest of Durango and 6 hours driving from Albuquerque.
It's a little town of 10 blocks long and 5 blocks wide and very popular with ski fanatics. The Victorian Main street offers very exclusive and expensive boutiques and restaurants and is one of the nicest and cosiest streets I ever saw. From here you have a spectacular view over the Telluride Mountain and the surrounding 13,000-and 14,000- foot peaks.
Most tourists stay in one of the ski resorts in Mountain Village, 1,000 feet higher. A car is not necessary, cause this part of town is connected to Telluride by a free 12 minutes gondola ride.
A gallery owner was very honoured and thanked us for telling her that her town had a high Chamonix grade. She answered us this is just the atmosphere Mountain Village tries to give out :-)
Same style wooden chalets, hotels, exclusive shops, only... big, bigger, biggest! The prices too!
- Pros:incredible views
- In a nutshell:It’s a wonderful spot!
There are few supermarkets in Telluride and the products are very pricy. Probably this makes part of the exclusivity of... more travel advice
It's a stiff climb, but the view over the valley is superb! more travel advice
Written Feb 11, 2005
Some pictures of Telluride
Written May 10, 2005
Some Rocky Mountain pictures
Martinewezel's Related Pages
Telluride Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The most picturesque place in Colorado"
- "Telluride ...not just a ski town"
- "There Is No Place Like Home"
- "A Scenic Hidden Away Town"
- "nyree's new Telluride Page"
- "Welcome to Telluride"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Telluride
- Hotels in Telluride
- Transportation in Telluride
- Nightlife in Telluride
- Restaurants in Telluride
- Warnings and Dangers in Telluride
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Telluride
- 11 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Telluride?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Telluride
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Intro, 43 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marne-la-Vallée Intro, 39 reviews, 70 photos
- Key West Intro, 36 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Damme Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Valéry-sur-Somme Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos
- Bagnères-de-Bigorre Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 31 photos
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (10)
Latest Telluride hotel reviews
- Capella Telluride
- 103 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 21, 2013
- Mountainside Inn Telluride
- 58 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 16, 2013
- The San Sophia Inn And Condominiums
- 56 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 12, 2013
- Mountain Lodge At Telluride
- 379 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Telluride Lodge
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 11, 2013
- The Peaks Resort & Golden Door Spa
- 167 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 9, 2013
- ResortQuest Cimarron Lodge
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 27, 2012
- New Sheridan Hotel
- 104 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 6, 2013
- Camel's Garden Hotel & Condominiums
- 80 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 30, 2013