"SILVERTON - COLORADO" Silverton by Martinewezel
Silverton Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 38 photos
Originally called Baker's Park, Silverton is the earlyest gold and Silver town in the region.
Few new buildings have been built here since 1910.
Silverton remains a turn-of-the century Victorian scene and is designated a National Historic District.
Just as Ouray, another mine town 24 miles North, the place has an asphalted Main Street and gravel side streets.
Silverton is a great tourist attraction.
- Pros:Back to the wild wild west!
- Cons:Touristy... of course
- In a nutshell:This town is simply a must! The best old west town I yet visited
Along the Million Dollar Highway we saw remains of what once was a flourishing mine industry. Strange how Americans... more travel advice
The Old Hundred offers gold panning for all ages. Free with the purchase of a tour. The miner's sluicebox is "salted"... more travel advice
Martinewezel's Related Pages
Silverton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SILVERTON - COLORADO"
- "Deep in the San Juan Mountains"
- "Silverton, Colorado"
- "Gold Mining Country"
- "lidman's new Silverton Page"
- "SILVERTON, COLORADO"
- "Crazy Mountains & Bad Ass Weather!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Silverton
- Hotels in Silverton
- Transportation in Silverton
- Restaurants in Silverton
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Silverton
- 7 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Silverton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Silverton
Photos in SilvertonSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Intro, 43 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marne-la-Vallée Intro, 39 reviews, 70 photos
- Key West Intro, 36 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Damme Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Valéry-sur-Somme Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos
- Bagnères-de-Bigorre Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 31 photos
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos