"Monschau" Monschau by Martinewezel
Monschau Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 267 photos
This town is also called the pearl of the Eiffel region.
With it’s historical old town and unique location in the valley of the river Laufen, surrounded by woods, Monschau has a lot to offer. A stroll through it’s winding lively alleys is charm you with it’s lovely mansions and romantic fairy-tale half-timbered houses. In the center most of these houses are little shops with food and art, restaurants and museums.
Honey seems to be a good local speciality.
Location of this town: just across the Belgian border
Must sees: the Red house (18th century), the Brewery museum, the Mustard Mill, Old Town, the castle…
Too bad I didn't take a picture of the famous hedges in the Monschau region. After I came home these beech hedges are typical for the region. They were planted many years ago to protect the inhabitants’ dwellings. Some hedges have entrances, windows and curved gates and they became a very special landmark of the region, definitely worth wiewing.
- Pros:Clean town, full of flowers
- Cons:In high season it might be difficult to find a parking place
- In a nutshell:Just another lovely "day trip" town.
Martinewezel's Related Pages
Monschau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Monschau in the Eifel-hills"
- "Monschau - Montjoie"
- "Well preserved houses from the middle ages"
- "Monschau, Germany"
- "Monschau & Maria Laach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monschau
- Hotels in Monschau
- Transportation in Monschau
- Restaurants in Monschau
- Shopping in Monschau
- Warnings and Dangers in Monschau
- See All...
Explore the World
- Lansing Hotels
- Kampung Jambu Bongkok
- Western Province
- Baltinglass Hotels
- Cagayan de Oro
- Tucker Lake Hotels
- Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut
- General Santos City
- Gili Sulat Hotels
- Chippawa Hotels
- Old Washington Historic State Park Hotels
Badges & Stats in Monschau
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Monschau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monschau
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Intro, 43 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marne-la-Vallée Intro, 39 reviews, 70 photos
- Key West Intro, 36 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Damme Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Valéry-sur-Somme Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos
- Bagnères-de-Bigorre Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 31 photos
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos