"Blandy-les-Tours, a lovely village" Blandy by Martinewezel
Blandy Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 21 photos
The rather unknown village of Blandy-les-Tours is located in the hearth of the “Brie” region( you know Brie, the French cheese), some 20 kilometers South of Disneyland Paris..
Blandy is a peaceful village with about 700 inhabitants.
Until September 2007, Blandy was just one of the many sleeping small villages in France.
2 cafés, one or two shops, some cute disrepaired houses around the church and a marketplace.
Still this town had something special. It was built around what was once an imposing fortress-castle.
Built in the 14th century and after successful periods throughout the Middle Ages, the castle declined to a simple farm in the late 16th century and finally turned into a ruin.
In 1992, the General Council bought the castle and money has been collected to rebuilt the castle. The architects used historic documents and paintings to restore the site faithful to the original.
It is a success! When approaching the village of Blandy by car, the view is impressive. We couldn’t restrain from saying “OOH” and “WOW”.
So cute, so peaceful. What a wonderful village. We felt like driving into a fairy tale.
It’s authenticity is enchanting. This is a place not to miss…
However, a closer look of the castle might be slightly disappointing.
I invite you to read about the few must dos, beginning with the fortress itself...
- Pros:The unspoiled on the outside
- Cons:Spoiled on the inside
- In a nutshell:Lovely, but don't expect too much
Another isolated sleeping vilage in the "Brie", a few kilometers NE of Blandy (10 minutes drive), with a beautiful large... more travel advice
Just as all the houses around the fortress, this church is lovely from the outside. It’s open to the public and worth a... more travel advice
Martinewezel's Related Pages
Blandy Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Blandy
- 6 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Blandy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blandy
Photos in BlandySee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Intro, 43 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marne-la-Vallée Intro, 39 reviews, 70 photos
- Key West Intro, 36 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Damme Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Valéry-sur-Somme Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos
- Bagnères-de-Bigorre Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 31 photos
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos