Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Martinewezel Top 5 Page for this destination
Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Warnings and Dangers: 13 reviews and 11 photos
When hiking in the mountains, many falls (often they are dry) will cross your walking path. Sometimes these falls can be quite large and covered with rolling stones. Don't remain too long in these areas. There are several dams higher in the mountains. These have automatic valvels, which can open at any time. The hiker risks to get swept away in a sudden avalanche of water. Many warning signs will remind the hiker to be careful.
terrasse du Mont Blanc, Chamonix
Sometimes when clouded in the valley, the sky is clear above the clouds, on the higher peaks.
But...snow in August can also be this: (see photo taken on August 9 2007)
Cable cars go up to the Aiguille du Midi, but you see nothing but snow. No Mont Blanc, no mountains, nothing but a single rock. Still it's an enjoyable trip.
I included a second photo of the same lone rock in the background during sunny weather, so you'd know what is behind the clouds.
Depending from the weather conditions during Spring season, there can still be a lot of snow on the high trails. 2006 is the first year we had to hike in the snow. A pair of good boots and hiking poles are recommended!
The temperature is no problem. Warm enough to wear a shirt.
Mont Blanc local speciality
This is absolutely far out! 5,9 % alcohol artisanal beer made out of glacier water from the Mont Blanc.
The beer is an original recipe with "Genepi" extracts. Genepi is a name of several plants growing in the Alpine meadows.
The beer tastes as it looks: green!
At the other hand... Genepi liquor is a must.
More Reviews (39)
- See All Baguettes like in the good old days
- See All Must do for healty one day visitors
- See All Attraction park at the Emosson Dam...
- See All How not to get lost during a mountain...
- See All Free transportation ticket
Martinewezel's Related Pages
Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Climbing, Hiking, Mountain Biking, Skiing"
- "Summertime in Chamonix"
- "Chamonix-Mt Blanc"
- "in the shadow of mont blanc."
- "Mont Blanc and the French Alps"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- Hotels in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- Transportation in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- Nightlife in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- Restaurants in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- Shopping in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- Warnings and Dangers in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- See All...
Explore the World
- Duckabush Hotels
- Isle of Grain Hotels
- Schouten Island Hotels
- Almuñécar Hotels
- San Luis Potosí
- Broomes Island
- England Warnings and Dangers
- Ohrid Warnings and Dangers
- Isla de Vieques Warnings and Dangers
- Public Transport
- Bergamo Warnings and Dangers
- Canada Warnings and Dangers
- Beggars / Panhandlers / Homeless
- Libya Warnings and Dangers
- Isla de Gran Canaria Warnings and Dangers
- Siwa Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- 43 Reviews
- 71 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Chamonix-Mont-Blanc?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- Posted in Travel Hong Kong Island Forum "Re: Macau Turbo Jet"
- Commented on one of Martinewezel's Chamonix-Mont-Blanc travel pages
- updated a Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Travel Page "Chamonix"
- Uploaded a Video to Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- Uploaded a Photo to "Baguettes like in the good old days"
- Wrote a Review Baguettes like in the good old days in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Shopping
Photos in Chamonix-Mont-BlancSee All Photos (71)
Videos in Chamonix-Mont-BlancSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Intro, 43 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marne-la-Vallée Intro, 39 reviews, 70 photos
- Key West Intro, 36 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Damme Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Valéry-sur-Somme Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos
- Bagnères-de-Bigorre Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 31 photos
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (10)
Latest Chamonix-Mont-Blanc hotel reviews
- Residence Maeva La Riviere
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 2, 2013
- Hotel L'Oustalet
- 114 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- 151 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 16, 2013
- Hameau Albert Premier Hotel
- 69 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 5, 2013
- La Sapiniere
- 131 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 8, 2013
- Club Med Chamonix Mont-Blanc
- 61 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Hotel l'Aiguille Du Midi
- 55 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013
- Aiglons Hotel
- 257 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Richemond Hotel
- 96 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 28, 2013
- Residence Ciel Et Logis
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 21, 2009
- Les Balcons Du Savoy
- 115 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013
- Residence L'Aiguille Chamonix Sud
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Mar 23, 2005
- Mont Blanc
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 11, 2013
- Gite le Vagabond
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 11, 2013
- Gustavia Hotel
- 88 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 22, 2013