"Chamonix" Top 5 Page for this destination Chamonix-Mont-Blanc by Martinewezel
Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Travel Guide: 321 reviews and 678 photos
This is a page for people who don't like to hang around
On this picture: Michel-Gabriel Paccard and J. Balmat who was the first to ascend the Mont Blanc. One of them is pointing to the Mont Blanc Top.
The town in the North West of the Alps, pressed between the Italian and the Swiss border, is the place to be in Winter and Summer for all those who like skiing, hiking, para gliding, mountaineering...
or just a magnificent scenery over the highest snowcapped peaks.
As I am not fond of skiing, I like Chamonix the best during Summer. Consequently you'll find nothing about winter sports in my following tips.
Though the weather happens to let the region down sometimes, we enjoyed every stay. When it's raining in town, it's snowing on the peaks and in the mountains. Marvellous!
This town and surrounding area is full of areal tramways and gondolas.
However, if you don't give your body the time to acclimatize when arrived in Chamonix before going to the peaks, you'll cerainly suffer from elevation "misery" within the shortest time.
Bring on your money or a solid credit card :-) , the place is certainly worth it!
Little pronounciation tip: although Chamonix is written with an "x", it is pronounced "Chamoni" !
- Pros:The place in the Alps where you won't need a car to see everything
- Cons:Quite pricey
- In a nutshell:Simply the best place with the best walks and excursions in the French Alps
We used to get our baguettes in a stall, close to our residence. However, in 2009, the owner changed and turned the... more travel advice
The Emosson Dam is located up in the mountains, at only 19 km from Chamonix, over the border, In Switzerland. To get... more travel advice
- See All Free transportation ticket
- See All Don't remain in dry river beds
- You could also buy everything in...
- See All The only bar in the area
Martinewezel's Related Pages
Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Climbing, Hiking, Mountain Biking, Skiing"
- "Summertime in Chamonix"
- "Chamonix-Mt Blanc"
- "in the shadow of mont blanc."
- "Mont Blanc and the French Alps"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- Hotels in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- Transportation in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- Nightlife in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- Restaurants in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- Shopping in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- Warnings and Dangers in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- 43 Reviews
- 71 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Chamonix-Mont-Blanc?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- Posted in Travel Hong Kong Island Forum "Re: Cotai water jet - Macau Ferry..."
- Commented on one of Martinewezel's Chamonix-Mont-Blanc travel pages
- updated a Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Travel Page "Chamonix"
- Uploaded a Video to Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- Uploaded a Photo to "Baguettes like in the good old days"
- Wrote a Review Baguettes like in the good old days in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Shopping
Photos in Chamonix-Mont-BlancSee All Photos (71)
Videos in Chamonix-Mont-BlancSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Intro, 43 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marne-la-Vallée Intro, 39 reviews, 70 photos
- Key West Intro, 36 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Damme Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Valéry-sur-Somme Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos
- Bagnères-de-Bigorre Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 31 photos
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos