"Provins" Top 5 Page for this destination Provins by Martinewezel

Provins Travel Guide: 77 reviews and 207 photos

Back to the Middle Ages, 80 km South East of Paris

In the Middle Ages, Provins was located on the crossroad of the European trade roads. The town became famous during the 12th and the 13th century , thanks to the famous fairs of Champagne.

Today, the inhabitants of this little town are still very proud of their history. They show this by wearing Medieval clothes in their shop, restaurant, in the museums...

To me, the fortified walls around the town are breathtakingly impressive. It's like walking back into time.

In 2001, Provins has been classified as World Heritage by the UNESCO.
This place is very famous with the French, and we saw very few foreign tourists.

A place to discover!

• Pros:A day trip from Paris
  • Cons:NONE!
  • In a nutshell:A little gem close to Paris
  • Last visit to Provins: Apr 2007
  • Intro Updated Mar 10, 2011

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Nice page! Looks like my kind of town!

• calcaf38's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Merci d'avoir apprécié ma page sur le Mississippi, et pour cet aperçu de Provins, un endroit dont je n'avais pas une image bien précise.

• Herkbert's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Very interesting page. We will have to consider a day trip to Provins when we next visit Paris.

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2010 at 1:43 AM

I will certainly visit Provins if I can make it to Paris next year. Ciao!

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2009 at 1:08 AM

Nice page Martine, and only 90km from Paris. Hopefully we may return to Paris and a day trip to Provins would be enjoyable.

• breughel's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2009 at 6:09 AM

Dag Martine, I saw you agreed with me on Belgian drivers! I have to put Provins on my travel program for France.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2008 at 3:12 PM

Very impressive! I like the looks of the medieval ramparts and the underground galleries.

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2007 at 11:33 PM

Martine -what a great Forum reply "around Paris" thanks for leading me - and others - to Provins! I'll make sure it goes on my route next time! Barbara

Martinewezel

“Enjoy the world today... tomorrow it will be worse!”

Badges & Stats in Provins

Have you been to Provins?

Latest Activity in Provins