"Provins" Top 5 Page for this destination Provins by Martinewezel
Provins Travel Guide: 77 reviews and 207 photos
In the Middle Ages, Provins was located on the crossroad of the European trade roads. The town became famous during the 12th and the 13th century , thanks to the famous fairs of Champagne.
Today, the inhabitants of this little town are still very proud of their history. They show this by wearing Medieval clothes in their shop, restaurant, in the museums...
To me, the fortified walls around the town are breathtakingly impressive. It's like walking back into time.
In 2001, Provins has been classified as World Heritage by the UNESCO.
This place is very famous with the French, and we saw very few foreign tourists.
A place to discover!
- Pros:A day trip from Paris
- In a nutshell:A little gem close to Paris
We jumped in for a look. The area is very quiet. more travel advice
This restauarant was definitely not a very good idea, however a lovely location on the plaza. We ordered salty crêpes... more travel advice
Martinewezel's Related Pages
Provins Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Provins: The Past Lives"
- "Take a break from Paris"
- "Explore the Middle Ages.."
- "A romantic medieval village near Paris"
- "One -day trip"
- "The time machine"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Provins
- Hotels in Provins
- Transportation in Provins
- Restaurants in Provins
- Shopping in Provins
- Warnings and Dangers in Provins
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Provins
- 13 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Provins?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Provins
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Intro, 43 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marne-la-Vallée Intro, 39 reviews, 70 photos
- Key West Intro, 36 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Damme Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Valéry-sur-Somme Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos
- Bagnères-de-Bigorre Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 31 photos
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (10)
Latest Provins hotel reviews
- Hostellerie Aux Vieux Remparts
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2012