"A little country with lots of must sees" Belgium by Martinewezel
Belgium Travel Guide: 21,894 reviews and 55,384 photos
Belgium is a small monarchy in Europe. However small, 3 languages are spoken: Dutch in the North, French in the South and German in the East.
Beside our tourist attractions Bruges, Ghent, Antwerp and Brussels, we have lots of other must sees. And what is more, there is no other country where you can find attractions so close to one another.
We also have a good railroad network. Except for some locations in the South...no car needed to visit our country.
The weather? Oh well, that's another story. People happen to call our country "rainyland". It depends... the weather is mostly unpredictable, still not as bad as in Great Britain.
In adittion to chocolats and beer, our local specialities, most souvenirs shops also sell umbrellas for in case.
- Pros:You don't need a car. We have good public transport.
- Cons:Restrooms are usually not free
- In a nutshell:Best time to visit: beween April and October
My home town. Second city in Belgium after Brussels. Antwerp is dominated by the river Scheldt, which is the boundary... more travel advice
Most people know about Napoleon's last battle and defeat in Waterloo in 1815, but even more people don't know Waterloo... more travel advice
Martinewezel's Related Pages
Belgium Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""Belgium by cows". Translation: Norali"
- "Belgium is like >. big!"
- "Belgium - So small but so different in landscapes"
- "My Homeland"
- "Paul's Journey Through Belgium"
- "The real cows"
- "Belgium places to visit and beers to drink"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Belgium
- Hotels in Belgium
- Transportation in Belgium
- Nightlife in Belgium
- Restaurants in Belgium
- Shopping in Belgium
- Warnings and Dangers in Belgium
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Belgium
- 66 Reviews
- 106 Photos
- 85 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Belgium?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Belgium
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Intro, 43 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marne-la-Vallée Intro, 39 reviews, 70 photos
- Key West Intro, 36 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Damme Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Valéry-sur-Somme Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos
- Bagnères-de-Bigorre Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 31 photos
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (10)
Top Belgium hotels
- Brussels Hotels
- 5565 Reviews - 11828 Photos
- Brugge Hotels
- 2680 Reviews - 7153 Photos
- Antwerp Hotels
- 2853 Reviews - 7112 Photos
- Oostende Hotels
- 511 Reviews - 1641 Photos
- Charleroi Hotels
- 96 Reviews - 133 Photos
- Gent Hotels
- 1406 Reviews - 3613 Photos
- Leuven Hotels
- 482 Reviews - 1062 Photos
- Ieper Hotels
- 464 Reviews - 1301 Photos
- De Panne Hotels
- 84 Reviews - 116 Photos
- Boom Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 30 Photos
- Mons Hotels
- 212 Reviews - 416 Photos
- Bastogne Hotels
- 73 Reviews - 183 Photos
- Namur Hotels
- 189 Reviews - 490 Photos
- Roeselare Hotels
- 106 Reviews - 147 Photos
- Kortrijk Hotels
- 101 Reviews - 692 Photos