"My mom and son call Nome "Home"!" Top 5 Page for this destination Nome by DMTariensmom
Nome Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 96 photos
My son and mom have chosen Nome, Alaska as their home, and I can see why. If I ever move from Washington State I will make Nome my home too. Such a small, friendly community! You are very isolated, but at the same time, feel like you are part of something very well pulled together. A "community" that has it's own way of operating. Everybody walks everywhere, or takes a taxi for $3. Adverse weather fazes no one. They just plod on. I felt like I was in a Stephen King novel! I loved the place!
- Pros:you can literally walk everywhere!
- Cons:no theatres, or "high class, expensive" places.
- In a nutshell:For the outdoorsy, down to earth traveler that isn't afraid of wind, dirt and/or cold. Gold panning, hunting, wonderful wildlife!
The finish gate for the Iditarod Sled Dog Race is a beautiful piece of work! And it is just sitting there, along the... more travel advice
I had heard that there were some very rough places in town, and I asked my son's boss where a nice, safe place for a... more travel advice
Nome Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "There's No Place Like Nome!"
- "Nome, Alaska"
- "Gold rush Boom Town"
- "My mom and son call Nome "Home"!"
- "Small town with a big heart"
- "Skylink's Nome Alaska Page"
- "Nome Sweet Home!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nome
- Hotels in Nome
- Transportation in Nome
- Nightlife in Nome
- Restaurants in Nome
- Shopping in Nome
- Warnings and Dangers in Nome
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nome
- 7 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Nome?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nome
Photos in NomeSee All Photos (4)
No friends yet.