"My Exotic Hothot, Inner Mogolia" Top 5 Page for this destination Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region by JuraidahJ
Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region Travel Guide: 169 reviews and 403 photos
While wondering around the town and the small streets, we met with a mummy and three kids. They were asking for money to eat.
Can you spot the third kid? No....................................?????
See the bundle the muymmy was carrying behind her (at her back), now see carefully and will see a baby's head. She is so adorable. We wanted to bring them to eat but she declined, so we gave her some money for the children.
Hothot, is the capital of Inner Mogolia which is about 1hr flight from Beijing, China.
The people of Inner Mongolia greets its guests with warmth from their heart. They are very hmble and nice poeple I ever met. This land which is full of history. The lush grassland are alive with horses, cattle and sheperds tending to their flocks.
Most of the Mongolians are Normads. Approx. 90% of the population are Muslims.
Here is an example of the origial Yurt where the Mongolian stays. However, due to the extreme cold weather we were experiencing (-26 deg C), we had to stay at a hotel. This yurt is located just at the side of the hotel we stayed.
I'm not done yet... sorry.. do come back for more updates.
In summer what you'll see is grassland and more grassland. here in winter, this is what you get to see - mostly white and borwn.
It is a contrast to see this having coming from a island full of skycrapers.
- Pros:Full of cultures and colours
- Cons:Language & alot of public spitting
- In a nutshell:though we have communication barrier, every smile is sincere by the locals
Mt Aobao is located in the open land and its is a small hill laid stones and is regard as the Mountain God where... more travel advice
When visitng a local home, the nomads practise sharing Goat's Milk with their guest. It will be considered rude and... more travel advice
JuraidahJ's Related Pages
Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Exotic Hothot, Inner Mogolia"
- "you take my breath away..."
- "Monghol Warrior's"
- "All the places left behind..........."
- "Nei menggu: the place beyond the wall"
- "The part of Mongolia that still is communist"
- "The Real Thing"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region
- Hotels in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region
- Transportation in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region
- Nightlife in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region
- Restaurants in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region
- Shopping in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region
- Warnings and Dangers in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region
- 14 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region
Photos in Inner Mongolia Autonomous RegionSee All Photos (39)
Top 5 Pages
- Norway Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- China Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos
- Netherlands Intro, 1 review, 17 photos, 1 travelogue