"My Exotic Hothot, Inner Mogolia" Top 5 Page for this destination Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region by JuraidahJ

Can you spot the third kid?

While wondering around the town and the small streets, we met with a mummy and three kids. They were asking for money to eat.

Can you spot the third kid? No....................................?????

See the bundle the muymmy was carrying behind her (at her back), now see carefully and will see a baby's head. She is so adorable. We wanted to bring them to eat but she declined, so we gave her some money for the children.

Yurt

Hothot, is the capital of Inner Mogolia which is about 1hr flight from Beijing, China.

The people of Inner Mongolia greets its guests with warmth from their heart. They are very hmble and nice poeple I ever met. This land which is full of history. The lush grassland are alive with horses, cattle and sheperds tending to their flocks.

Most of the Mongolians are Normads. Approx. 90% of the population are Muslims.

Here is an example of the origial Yurt where the Mongolian stays. However, due to the extreme cold weather we were experiencing (-26 deg C), we had to stay at a hotel. This yurt is located just at the side of the hotel we stayed.

I'm not done yet... sorry.. do come back for more updates.

OPen land

In summer what you'll see is grassland and more grassland. here in winter, this is what you get to see - mostly white and borwn.

It is a contrast to see this having coming from a island full of skycrapers.

• Pros:Full of cultures and colours
  • Cons:Language & alot of public spitting
  • In a nutshell:though we have communication barrier, every smile is sincere by the locals
  • Last visit to Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region: Feb 2002
  • Intro Updated Jul 21, 2005

• edachsund's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2010 at 10:00 AM

Hi Ju, It's been years even since my last read out on VT. Hope you doing ok.

• askhokhar's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2009 at 9:45 AM

Dear Juraidah Aslamualaikum. I have partly gone through your tips on Inner Mongolia. I am going there after a week. I wonder if there are english speaking people.

• roza.v.welzenes's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2007 at 4:23 PM

Salam orang jauh.......pakabar? kemana menghilang?...:) I really love this travel page of you, very very mucccchhhh....arrr!!! So,when Ju nak datang lagi ke NL? ..... ingin sekali nak bertemu...:)) take care and stay in touch ok..:) greetings NL

• elpariente's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2007 at 1:42 PM

Very good and interesting pages !!! I am doubting if I am going to Hothot during my next China travel in October/November Thank you for your information !!! Gracias !!!!

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2006 at 4:18 PM

Hi Juraidah, good tips on what looks like a fascinating place. fergy.

• aukahkay's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2006 at 10:13 PM

Such an exotic place indeed. I wonder if you had any communication problems in Mongolia? Thanks for attending my recital :)

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2005 at 10:01 PM

Mongolia is always a very interesting & unique place! Thanks for your nice tips :)

• aussiejen's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2005 at 8:01 PM

Wow, looks like a great place to visit, even though you look cold!!

• zafilm's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2005 at 9:07 PM

Nice pic & interesting journey...Hope to visit Mongolia. Cheers.......

• reezal's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2005 at 2:27 AM

senang dapat makanan halal here? or kena makan roti hari2?

JuraidahJ

“Affliction caused by the tongue is worse than (that caused by) the strike of the blade of a sword”

Badges & Stats in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region

Have you been to Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region?

Latest Activity in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region