"Palanga" Palanga by Maeve_81
Palanga Travel Guide: 127 reviews and 272 photos
Altough Palanga is one of Lithuania's oldest settlements, it only became a city in 1952.
The emblem was designed in 1970 and is based on the historical amber trade in the city.
The emblem showes a chain of amber under a crown, referring to the legend of the amber palace of Princess Jurate.
She fell in love with a local fisherman, which angered Perkunas, god of heaven and earth. He thus destroyed the amber palace and all what was left of it were pieces of amber, which could be found on the shore.
Maeve_81's Related Pages
Palanga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Capital of summer, Lithuanian Rimini!"
- "Palanga - Lithuanian capital of summer"
- "Welcome to the seaside resort Palanga"
- "Palanga in the summer time"
- "Palanga - most popular Lithuanian resort"
- "PALANGA page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Palanga
- Hotels in Palanga
- Transportation in Palanga
- Nightlife in Palanga
- Restaurants in Palanga
- Shopping in Palanga
- Warnings and Dangers in Palanga
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Palanga
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Palanga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palanga
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lier Intro, 39 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nijlen Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 27 reviews, 6 photos
- Kenya Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Muizen Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Samburu Game Reserve Intro, 4 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination De Efteling Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Antwerp Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ngorongoro Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maloja Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos