"Cesme, a resort at the aegean coast" Top 5 Page for this destination Cesme by Aggeliki
Cesme Travel Guide: 58 reviews and 184 photos
Cesme is one of the most popular tourist attraction in aegean tourkish coasts. It is located in the west of Izmir. The name Cesme means fountain in Turkish. The name comes from the many springs around the area during the 18th and 19th centuries. In the center there is a 14th century Genoese fortress which was restored by the Ottomans in the 16th century. The Caravanserai neighboring the fortress was built by Suleyman the Magnificent in the 16th century which was converted to a hotel during the restoration of Hagios Haralambos Church as the Amir Caka art gallery in the 19th century.
During the day one can join the boat trips to many islands around Cesme. The boats are very nice, enjoy a coffee, or a... more travel advice
The beaches of Cesme are ideal for water sports. Especially Alacati is famous for its good location for wind... more travel advice
Aggeliki's Related Pages
Cesme Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CHESME THE FORMER GREEK VILLAGE OF ERYTHRAE"
- "Cesme Peninsula"
- "Cesme, a resort at the aegean coast"
- "Summer in Cesme"
- "Cesme is heaven!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cesme
- Hotels in Cesme
- Transportation in Cesme
- Nightlife in Cesme
- Restaurants in Cesme
- Shopping in Cesme
- Warnings and Dangers in Cesme
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cesme
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Cesme?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cesme
- Posted in Travel Athens Forum "RE: RE: RE: Athens-Izmir (Turkey)..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cesme, a resort at the aegean coast"
- updated a Cesme Travel Page "Cesme, a resort at the aegean coast"
- Commented on one of Yiannis2000's Cesme travel pages
- Wrote a Review Small tours in the small islands near cesme in Cesme Transportation
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Izmir Intro, 37 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 34 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Athens Intro, 29 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kea Island Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chios Island Intro, 17 reviews, 15 photos
- Malta Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Venice Intro, 13 reviews, 17 photos
- Prefecture of Florina Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Milos Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos