"Bangor Maine" Top 5 Page for this destination Bangor by Gilfeather

Bangor Travel Guide: 61 reviews and 79 photos

The Queen City - "A star on the edge of night"

Condensed History: Native Americans...Battles...Lumberbarons...H. S. Basketball Tournaments.

• Pros:Nice mix of city and country
  • Cons:Pot Holes
  • In a nutshell:Home to many kind and decent folk with the occasional pothole.
  • Last visit to Bangor: Jan 2003
  • Intro Updated Feb 21, 2003

• Carmanah's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2007 at 2:25 PM

"Cussdid" - got it! Thanks for the tips on how to be a local from Bangor! A girl I know moved to Bangor from Vancouver (opposite end of the continent) - I always wondered what it was like.

• Jan 12, 2005 at 12:54 PM

I live in Bangor, and used to LOVE this place, but unfortunately they are now closed...(the owners retired and headed for the tropics!)

• asgottl's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2004 at 8:47 PM

I had to revisit your Bangor page! I haven't been to Bangor, ME for years...it's definitely time for a return trip!

• TempNomad's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2004 at 3:06 PM

What a great page for Bangor! I'm looking forward to the Turkey Day trip now. Thanks very much.

• kazander's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2004 at 9:07 AM

Thanks for making me laugh outloud at work. People now know I am really just goofing off:) Headed to Maine this summer, thanks for the tips!

• Vanislander's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2003 at 7:22 AM

Awsome Page! Your unique views and pics makes this page well worth the time to look at. Thx!

• Sweetberry1's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2003 at 3:08 AM

Nice coverage of your State.. All that yummy food made me hungry.. ha,ha...

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2003 at 11:05 AM

That would be a nice trip to your home town...Keep well!

• daddygila's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2003 at 5:49 AM

Great Site !!! The restaurants would be worth a trip alone. Love your picture of the Holy Father.

• jessicadf's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2003 at 6:36 PM

I see.... blend in enough for the mullet-headed macho-men not to notice you... but don't got mullet yourself. It's a fine line one must walk...

Gilfeather

“"I am not lost...I am exploring."”

Badges & Stats in Bangor