"New Zealand" New Zealand by Sar77

New Zealand Travel Guide: 14,562 reviews and 36,953 photos

In my eyes I feel that I have a pretty good life. I love my job and I am grateful for the two months I have off each year. Every summer since I started teaching I have taken the month of July to travel and then August I spend at the cottage being a glutton and quite a relaxed one at that. I find that my summers are full of much debauchery and for someone like myself it's the perfect life. My trips in July have never been more than a 9 hour plane ride. I have always been massively disturbed at the thought of sitting for so long. Anything over this amount of time was hard for me to deal with. As the president of People With Severe Ants in Pants Syndrome I knew that I would go batty being in one spot for too long. Then three years ago my dear friend Candace met and fell in love with a guy from New Zealand. She packed in her teaching job just outside of Toronto and followed him home. She was supposed to stay for just one year but that wasn't the case. I felt that I had to go out to New Zealand and see what the fuss is all about-despite the painfully long plane ride this is a place I needed to see and Candace would be the one to see it with. You see, the history that we share goes back for quite a few years. We got into much mischief at university and spent most of our time in teacher's college recovering from severe hangovers (yes I am responsible for shaping the minds of tomorrow..scary thought). I knew that this trip would be quite memorable and although I am much more of a solo traveler I never had any worries about touring with Candace.
So after a five hour flight to San Fran, then another 14 hours to Sydney and one more 4 hour doozie to Wellington..I finally arrived in the land of shagging sheep, hobbits and sites so stunning they may cause you to wet your pants. After two days of touring Wellington we made our way south. We caught the ferry and the stupidness that would be prominent throughout our adventure began here. ahhh..remember what I said about Ants in Pants? I am off for now-will continue soon.

• Last visit to New Zealand: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Aug 10, 2004

• Sep 7, 2004 at 3:34 PM

good intro! i'm gonna keep an eye on your NZ pages ;-) preparing my trip for NZ in the future... and the future is only a second away ;-)

• DavyDoug's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2004 at 2:39 PM

This is a very quick turn around of pages for you Sarah (not like my quickly created and highly informative pages). Well done. Now, more importantly what was the beer selection like?

Sar77

“it can't be that bad-the locals live here. (SJW)”

Badges & Stats in New Zealand

Have you been to New Zealand?

Latest Activity in New Zealand