"Travels on hold for a bit...if I can sit still..." Sar77's Profile
Just got back from a month long trip to New Zealand with a few days in Sydney and a couple more in Newcastle where I had Iandsmith from VT as my wonderful tour guide. I arrived back to Ontario and our summer has been crap--it was warmer in Sydney during their winter! Anyways--strange things have been happening as surprisingly enough I am now the proud owner of a cottage on a beautiful lake. Who cares that I have yet to purchase a home in Toronto! I think I am a bit backwards. Its a magical place though and I am beginning to adjust to the fact that I may sit still for once and enjoy our short Canadian summers. This is a picture that was taken from the deck of the new cottage.
This is a pic of our family cottage on lake huron. In Canada many people have two homes--one for the chilly months and then the other for escaping to during the summer months. This cottage has seen probably over a 1000 benders in it's 50+ year history with my family...and I am thinking probably over a million empty beer bottles. If you are ever in the area be sure to stop by for a drink. The days are spent hanging out on the beach and the nights sitting around the fire.
You can either do two things during Canadian winters-sit inside, eat bonbons and wish for better days or get outside and play like crazy fools.
If you like the outdoors Canada is the place to be--just throw on a few more layers in the winter and enjoy.
We head outside and pray to the summer gods to bring us some heat nah...we lose our marbles and do dumb things..have a look at the girls behaving badly page for more insight.
This pic was taken in Scotland--just north of Aberdeen. This was taken on my friend's balcony. How good would it be to wake up to this view every morning?
It was my friend Nev that took this picture--and I didn't know he took it until he sent it to me 6 months after I returned home. I think I am taking a pic of the view or contemplating the water temp. swimming anyone?
Stories from this trip are up on my Scotland page.
This is a very small glimpse of the amazing view from my home in Northern Ontario. Way back in the early 1970s..when my parents bought the land..they did so only because of the view. The 100 year old house was sinking into the ground but they were not worried...hmm must have been that crazy hippie mentality. Well the house is no longer sinking but the view is still amazing as ever. After living in Toronto for two years--this has become my trusty retreat. Every time I go home I return back to Toronto re-energized and almost ready to face the craziness...almost. : )
This was taken over the Christmas Holidays--there is loads more snow now. In the warmer months the tree that you see in the pic is covered in very smelly lilacs. : )
Personal Pages (5)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 35 Reviews
- 90 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Sar77 and Nobbe are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Gatlinburg Forum "Re: Primitive 1 room cabin for..."
- Commented on orlandoglobetrotter's profile page
- updated a Scotland Travel Page "Scotland"
updated their Personal Page "Girls Behaving Badly"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Travels on hold for a bit...if I can sit still..."
- Wrote a Review One of many Franz Josef Hostels... in Franz Josef Glacier Hotels
Top 10 Pages
- Sedona Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Scotland Intro, 8 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 8 reviews
- Northern Ireland Intro, 1 review, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ballycastle 6 reviews
- Ballintoy Intro, 4 reviews, 1 photo
- Hokitika 4 reviews
- New Zealand Intro, 3 photos
- Brugge Intro, 3 photos
- Lucerne Intro, 3 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22156 Reviews - 53823 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30944 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23057 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17030 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19428 Photos