"Travels on hold for a bit...if I can sit still..." Sar77's Profile
Just got back from a month long trip to New Zealand with a few days in Sydney and a couple more in Newcastle where I had Iandsmith from VT as my wonderful tour guide. I arrived back to Ontario and our summer has been crap--it was warmer in Sydney during their winter! Anyways--strange things have been happening as surprisingly enough I am now the proud owner of a cottage on a beautiful lake. Who cares that I have yet to purchase a home in Toronto! I think I am a bit backwards. Its a magical place though and I am beginning to adjust to the fact that I may sit still for once and enjoy our short Canadian summers. This is a picture that was taken from the deck of the new cottage.
This is a pic of our family cottage on lake huron. In Canada many people have two homes--one for the chilly months and then the other for escaping to during the summer months. This cottage has seen probably over a 1000 benders in it's 50+ year history with my family...and I am thinking probably over a million empty beer bottles. If you are ever in the area be sure to stop by for a drink. The days are spent hanging out on the beach and the nights sitting around the fire.
You can either do two things during Canadian winters-sit inside, eat bonbons and wish for better days or get outside and play like crazy fools.
If you like the outdoors Canada is the place to be--just throw on a few more layers in the winter and enjoy.
We head outside and pray to the summer gods to bring us some heat nah...we lose our marbles and do dumb things..have a look at the girls behaving badly page for more insight.
This pic was taken in Scotland--just north of Aberdeen. This was taken on my friend's balcony. How good would it be to wake up to this view every morning?
It was my friend Nev that took this picture--and I didn't know he took it until he sent it to me 6 months after I returned home. I think I am taking a pic of the view or contemplating the water temp. swimming anyone?
Stories from this trip are up on my Scotland page.
This is a very small glimpse of the amazing view from my home in Northern Ontario. Way back in the early 1970s..when my parents bought the land..they did so only because of the view. The 100 year old house was sinking into the ground but they were not worried...hmm must have been that crazy hippie mentality. Well the house is no longer sinking but the view is still amazing as ever. After living in Toronto for two years--this has become my trusty retreat. Every time I go home I return back to Toronto re-energized and almost ready to face the craziness...almost. : )
This was taken over the Christmas Holidays--there is loads more snow now. In the warmer months the tree that you see in the pic is covered in very smelly lilacs. : )
Personal Pages (5)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 35 Reviews
- 90 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Sar77 and Nobbe are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Gatlinburg Forum "Re: Primitive 1 room cabin for..."
- Commented on orlandoglobetrotter's profile page
- updated a Scotland Travel Page "Scotland"
updated their Personal Page "Girls Behaving Badly"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Travels on hold for a bit...if I can sit still..."
- Wrote a Review One of many Franz Josef Hostels... in Franz Josef Glacier Hotels
Top 10 Pages
- Sedona Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Scotland Intro, 8 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 8 reviews
- Northern Ireland Intro, 1 review, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ballycastle 6 reviews
- Ballintoy Intro, 4 reviews, 1 photo
- Hokitika 4 reviews
- New Zealand Intro, 3 photos
- Brugge Intro, 3 photos
- Lucerne Intro, 3 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22479 Reviews - 55020 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23320 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2028 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3098 Reviews - 5880 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos