"My Travel Obsession" the_p0et's Profile

I knew I was no longer in Canada when...

In the words of Robert Louis Stevenson (poet), "Edinburgh is what Paris ought to be - its magnificent architecture shifts from the lofty buildings of its medieval Old Town, as they tumble down the spine of the Royal Mile, to the grace of the Georgian New Town. Above it all, in its towering splendour, stands the Castle." I find his statement true, in that every step really is a revelation. I found this gothic city packed with mysterious alleyways which reveal ancient courtyards or walking around a sharp wynd, which gave us a whole new panorama to explore!

• Intro Updated Mar 10, 2004

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2005 at 3:08 AM

Hi Dan!!!! Wow, look where you are going now !! Hope you are both having fun, smiles, Pam :-)

• Jun 16, 2005 at 12:31 AM

Hi poet, Loved your opening line! Do not have enough time to do your pic's yet. Will have to get back to them. Regards, luckyzen.

• Confucius's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2005 at 10:57 PM

I still can't type Chinese on my home page, but at least it seems to be possible in the forums somehow.

• lina112's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2005 at 11:53 AM

Hi Dan, happy birthday from south of Spain. Have a sweet day. Very nice picture the one from edimburg. lina

• jwpotter's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2005 at 8:24 PM

Great picture of Edinburh! Hope you find out about the freeloader program. I would be interested in it myself.

• Agraichen's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2004 at 8:25 PM

Well, you do have a great photo of Edinburgh..

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2004 at 12:05 AM

So, ARE you a poet?

• essexgirl's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2004 at 6:03 PM

Thank you for the birthday wishes!!

• TropicGirl77's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2004 at 11:12 PM

Aloha! hmmmm...I looked and looked and looked some more ... where are your pages again? LOL ... good luck in planning your summer trip!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
the_p0et's Profile Photo

the_p0et

“Here's what I love about travel: Strangers get a chance to amaze you.”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.