"America's Last Frontier" Soldotna by ets
Soldotna Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 70 photos
Never thought I would ever see bald eagles in the wild, moose in someone's front yard, or someone tell me to throw back several huge rainbow trout into the Kenai River because they were "trash fish".
All this I experienced in Soldotna in the quest for "Sir William", the King Salmon. Thanks to Bill, my golf buddy, who was on assignment in Anchorage in July 2001.
Actually, Bill invited me to play a few rounds of golf since it was daylight until 2 AM in Alaska during the summer. I replied: "why don't we go fishing, too!" And "Sir William" in the picture was the result.
By the way, the boat captain told me not to feel too bad about keeping "Sir William", as all salmon die after spawning. Stil, to show my respect, I had him mounted for $$$. What a golf trip!
- Pros:great scenery, people and fishing
- In a nutshell:a truly unique fishing experience
Since my friend Bill and I, already caught our limit of one King salmon per day, maximum 2 per year, by noon on the... more travel advice
ets' Related Pages
Soldotna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Great Salmon Fishing"
- "Town on the Kenai river"
- "Jumping Around Soldotna!"
- "America's Last Frontier"
- "Soldotna – Alaska’s Kenai River City"
- "smoked salmon spread"
- "Hot Tips On Soldotna AK"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Soldotna
- Hotels in Soldotna
- Transportation in Soldotna
- Nightlife in Soldotna
- Restaurants in Soldotna
- Shopping in Soldotna
- Warnings and Dangers in Soldotna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Soldotna
- 3 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Soldotna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Soldotna
Photos in SoldotnaSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Buenos Aires Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Japan Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- France Intro, 3 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Juan Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Montevideo Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Elie Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Soldotna Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo