"Bienvenidos a Buenos Aires!" Buenos Aires by ets

Buenos Aires Travel Guide: 4,806 reviews and 8,940 photos

A handsome people - those portenos!

She was all I've ever dreamed a lovely Argentine mujer would look like! She smiled from afar and beckoned me to approach her. How could I refuse? Then she embraced me with a classic Tango move and softly whispered "5 pesos, por favor". What the heck, I gave her ten pesos out of gratitude for restoring the self esteem of this viejo tourista.

A Grand Avenue!

If Napoleon or Caesar themselves had seen this avenue, they would have said the thing I did: " Dios mio, how do I get across to the other side" 9 Julio Ave. has to be one the widest avenues I have seen in my life. It's makes Constitution and Pennsylvania Avenues in Washington D.C. look like country lanes and the Champs Elysee a narrow city street!

Don't cry for me, Argentina!

Premier golf at Martindale - a gated community about a hour's drive outside Buenos Aires. I understand now how difficult life must be in Argentina for such folks in these bad enonomic times! Still, I broke a 100, and that isn't a bad score for the first time out at such a difficult course.

• Pros:inexpensive, vibrant , golf capital of South America, and a gastronomical paradise!
  • Cons:some air pollution and street poverty and that's being picky!
  • In a nutshell:A place truly worth visiting again!
  • Last visit to Buenos Aires: Sep 2004
  • Intro Updated Dec 6, 2006

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2006 at 9:03 PM

Great page on Buesnos Aires where I hope to travel next year. Happy birthday from Finland!

• alza's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2006 at 10:33 AM

hola Manny! I'll remember your suggestions for next time... they say there's always a next time in Buenos Aires! I miss San Telmo, re-bueno!

• manuelEB's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2004 at 7:26 PM

Did you answer to Geisha? I guess you will give a try to a full golf couse in stilleto;just to prove your balance... See you soon (I think!).

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2004 at 10:37 PM

So here's the million dollar question: If you had only one choice, which would it be: A sultry tango evening with a fragrant stiletto-clad senorita or a day on the green teeing up with men wearing funny shoes? ;-)

ets

“You're only young once!”

Badges & Stats in Buenos Aires

Have you been to Buenos Aires?

Latest Activity in Buenos Aires