"Quite a nice town" Top 5 Page for this destination Bedford by chrishc
Bedford Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 82 photos
Bedford, Most famous as the home of John Bunyan and little else.
Has a nice riverside and some good pubs/clubs. At least three multi storey car parks and sells great bread, courtesy of the Italian bakers situated in the town.
Bedford has a large Italian population due to the proximity of the brickworks, many Italians were attracted to the town after the second world war to work in the brick factories as the mediterranean's could cope better with the heat of the brick kiln's than the local workforce.
An added bonus behind the Moot Hall is this delightful little church. A typical English village church. more travel advice
The Moot Hall at Elstow is beautifully preserved and a great example of the medieval (I think) main settlement building... more travel advice
chrishc's Related Pages
Bedford Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bedford - My Home Town"
- " Always Home....."
- "MY HOMETOWN FOR THE TIME BEING..."
- "Quite a nice town"
- "A Day in Bedford"
- "Bedford My Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bedford
- Hotels in Bedford
- Nightlife in Bedford
- Restaurants in Bedford
- Shopping in Bedford
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bedford
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Bedford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bedford
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dover Intro, 36 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santander Intro, 23 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
- Brugge Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amiens Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Marbella Intro, 1 review, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ellmau Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Canterbury Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rochester Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos