"Miles from anywhere but worth the journey" Livigno by chrishc
Livigno Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 71 photos
This is an intermediate skiers' paradise. 2/3 ski areas reachable by a regular (if slightly puzzling) bus service.
The village is strung out along the valley floor, the Carosello end where we stayed was quieter but there was a nightclub and also some good bars so we never felt the need to venture to the central village.
Thought the best skiing was over on the Mottolino side but the most challenging runs were on the opposite side of the valley leading down towards the "Swiss" end.
This is a duty free resort, apparently Livigno chose to be Italian if they had special privileges. The village used to be cut off for up to eight months in the year until the roads were improved in the 1960s.
Prices are therefore competitive, but not hugely cheaper than other Italian resorts that I have been to (except Cervinia).
chrishc's Related Pages
Livigno Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Livigno"
- "Livigno - a duty free zone in Italy"
- "Livigno... Fantastic!!"
- "Miles from anywhere but worth the journey"
- "Ski trip 2006"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Livigno
- Hotels in Livigno
- Transportation in Livigno
- Restaurants in Livigno
- Shopping in Livigno
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Livigno
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Livigno?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Livigno
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dover Intro, 36 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santander Intro, 23 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
- Brugge Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amiens Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Marbella Intro, 1 review, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ellmau Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Canterbury Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rochester Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos