"What a Surprising Town" Albert by chrishc
Albert Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 9 photos
Whar a great little town.
Albert received a lot of damage during the First World War but today it is very neat with a lot of red-brick buildings. It doesn't seem to get a lot of recognition but I think it is alittle gem.
There is a museum of the first world war which is well worth a visit, it is situated next to the cathedral and continues under the streets for several hundred metres.
The town boast three belltowers, the cathedral, the town hall and the station.
- Pros:Quiet and clean
- In a nutshell:A superb little town
Albert is proud of its three bell towers, this is the third to go with those at the cathedral and town hall. It sits... more travel advice
The cathedral is really quite superb, red brick with much ddecoration. The golden virgin at the top of the basilica was... more travel advice
chrishc's Related Pages
Albert Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Albert
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Albert?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Albert
Photos in AlbertSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dover Intro, 36 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santander Intro, 23 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
- Brugge Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amiens Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Marbella Intro, 1 review, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ellmau Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Canterbury Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rochester Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos