"The jewel near Palermo" Monreale by extrajoce
Monreale Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 272 photos
Since I was visiting Palermo, I could not overlook this magnificent cathedral, which many compare to St Marc's in Venice for the quality of its mosaic. It is a beautiful construction, and makes for a good half day visit away from the regional capital.
- Pros:Mosaics, cloister, streets
- In a nutshell:The byzantine jewel of Sicily
Right behind Monreale cathedral lie these lush, charming streets, which offer a good complement to the touristic visit... more travel advice
extrajoce's Related Pages
Monreale Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A great discovery"
- "City created by William the Good"
- "weekend in Monreale"
- "Monreale - Cathedral City of Sicily"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monreale
- Hotels in Monreale
- Transportation in Monreale
- Restaurants in Monreale
- Warnings and Dangers in Monreale
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Monreale
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Monreale?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monreale
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 61 reviews, 62 photos
- Naples Intro, 32 reviews, 33 photos
- Lhasa Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Beijing Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- Portbail 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Yangshuo Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Palermo Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Gyangze Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos