"Returning to Normandy....April 8-15, 2003" jj1807's Profile
Our trip to France went very well. The purpose of our trip was to take my Grandfather, a Ranger on D-day, back to Normandy to visit Pointe du Hoc. It was a trip of a lifetime!
It's been nearly 59 years since my Grandfather and about 234 other US Army Rangers scaled the cliffs of Pointe du Hoc on D-day. My Grandfather was one of the 87 who were able to continue fighting when the day was over.
On April 9, 2003, we took my Grandfather back for his first visit since the war. It was an experience we will never forget. The memories of the crowds that gathered around him to hear his story will never be forgotten.
Some of my Grandfather's WW II experiences are told online at www.haroldplank.com
This is a photo of Cincinnati that I took in the fall of 2002. The fireworks were celebrating the last game to be played in Cinergy Field.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 1 Countries
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
- Posted in Travel Venice Forum "Current renovations in St Mark's..."
- updated a Grandcamp Maisy Travel Page "Grandcamp Maisy - France"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Grandcamp Maisy - France"
updated their Profile Page "Returning to Normandy....April 8-15, 2003"
- Wrote a Review Hand-painted Porcelain in Bayeux Shopping
- Bayeux 1 review, 1 photo
- Paris Intro, 1 photo
- Gatlinburg Intro, 1 photo
- Grandcamp Maisy Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.