"Returning to Normandy....April 8-15, 2003" jj1807's Profile

Our Trip to France...

Our trip to France went very well. The purpose of our trip was to take my Grandfather, a Ranger on D-day, back to Normandy to visit Pointe du Hoc. It was a trip of a lifetime!

Pointe du Hoc

It's been nearly 59 years since my Grandfather and about 234 other US Army Rangers scaled the cliffs of Pointe du Hoc on D-day. My Grandfather was one of the 87 who were able to continue fighting when the day was over.

On April 9, 2003, we took my Grandfather back for his first visit since the war. It was an experience we will never forget. The memories of the crowds that gathered around him to hear his story will never be forgotten.

Some of my Grandfather's WW II experiences are told online at www.haroldplank.com

Cincinnati...

This is a photo of Cincinnati that I took in the fall of 2002. The fireworks were celebrating the last game to be played in Cinergy Field.

• Intro Updated Oct 20, 2007

• cadzand's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2007 at 12:49 PM

I tried the haroldplank.8m.com site, but didn't get through :( 404 Error File not found.

• Amelei's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2005 at 5:48 PM

I read your grandfathers stories. Although i despise the idea of war, and am absolutely against it, i have a lot of respect for him. A beautiful story. Tell him, thank you for sharing. Take care :-) Amelei

• Jan 30, 2005 at 3:10 AM

It must be a very emotional trip for your grandfather. His picture at Pointe du Hoc is beautiful. The emotions shown in the eyes, the mouth and about to break through from underneath the surface are very touching. Thank you for showing and sharing.

• John_P_LSU's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2003 at 12:14 PM

Please tell your Grandfather THANK YOU from a very grateful American! - John

• fossettes's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2003 at 1:51 PM

Your pictures are great! Glad to hear your trip went well! What wonderful memroies you'll all have of your grandfather's return to France! Kelly Anne

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
jj1807's Profile Photo

jj1807

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.