"Shrewsbury, pleasent" Shrewsbury by Joe_Green
Shrewsbury Travel Guide: 86 reviews and 216 photos
OK let me say straight off the bat, don't travel 200 miles to see Shrewsbury, don't pay more than £20 (if you're on a budget) to get there, don't plan on spending a week there. I say all of this not cause it's crap, cause it isn't, I've been loads of crap places, and I don't put them on this site. But rather cause Shrewsbury lacks the size to occupy you for days, but enough for a day trip, or a couple of days. It lacks and monumental sight worth travelling light years to see (ala Taj Mahal). And isn't of the dramatic quality of e.g Bath or Oxford to make it worth spending a fortune getting there. It is however a lovely, small centred town, with a nice castle, city centre, rive and shops. It also has nice pubs and is a good launching spot for Wales. Don't pass through it and not stop, it's too nice to do that, but don't go miles off course to see it either.
- Pros:It's general 'nice-ness'
- Cons:It's lack of a knockout sight to visit.
- In a nutshell:Nice, good for a rest break.
Shrewsbury lacks a full size decent nightclub. It has a few nice venue's, but nowhere anyone with experience of major... more travel advice
Joe_Green's Related Pages
Shrewsbury Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Town in black and white and the best B&B ever"
- "lovely main shopping street"
- "BEAUTIFUL SHREWSBURY"
- "Shrewsbury - Town of Flowers"
- "Welcome to Shrewsbury."
- "A Shropshire Town"
- "Historic Shrewsbury"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shrewsbury
- Hotels in Shrewsbury
- Transportation in Shrewsbury
- Nightlife in Shrewsbury
- Restaurants in Shrewsbury
- Shopping in Shrewsbury
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shrewsbury
- 3 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Shrewsbury?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shrewsbury
Top 5 Pages
- Berwick-Upon-Tweed Intro, 7 reviews, 4 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 5 reviews, 2 photos
- Egypt Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leicestershire Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Ireland Intro, 3 photos