"Seoul" South Korea by jaam

South Korea Travel Guide: 6,464 reviews and 17,379 photos

What a very structured city this is. From the window on the plane coming down, I could see rows and rows of tall buildings standing like domino sticks jutting above the ground. Being finally down into the midst of the city, I was impressed by the well planned layout of it's infrastructure. Very pedestrian friendly. Felt to me that foremost in the thoughts of the city planners upon building were concerns to provide its citizens a safe and easy access to all the city's streets and wide perimeter. Unfortunately though, the land is not big enough to easily accomodate the traffic of over 10 million people in a city only 0.6% the size of its whole country resulting jam packed traffic just about everywhere most especially during peak hours.

I really didn't mind the traffic out there since the subway system from my experience is not bad at all!
Seoul to me is a place I'd love to come back to again....Great food, ever so shy yet friendly people, great shopping and just sooo alive. I love korea :)

• Pros:I love the feel of this city....so alive and friendly...
  • Cons:Certain times of the day gets very, very trafficky. Both with people and vehicles!!
  • In a nutshell:I wish I could've stayed much, much longer....
  • Last visit to South Korea: Mar 2002
  • Intro Updated Jan 16, 2003

Comments

jaam

“I'll get there somehow.....”

Badges & Stats in South Korea

Have you been to South Korea?

Latest Activity in South Korea