"Seoul" South Korea by jaam
South Korea Travel Guide: 6,682 reviews and 18,627 photos
What a very structured city this is. From the window on the plane coming down, I could see rows and rows of tall buildings standing like domino sticks jutting above the ground. Being finally down into the midst of the city, I was impressed by the well planned layout of it's infrastructure. Very pedestrian friendly. Felt to me that foremost in the thoughts of the city planners upon building were concerns to provide its citizens a safe and easy access to all the city's streets and wide perimeter. Unfortunately though, the land is not big enough to easily accomodate the traffic of over 10 million people in a city only 0.6% the size of its whole country resulting jam packed traffic just about everywhere most especially during peak hours.
I really didn't mind the traffic out there since the subway system from my experience is not bad at all!
Seoul to me is a place I'd love to come back to again....Great food, ever so shy yet friendly people, great shopping and just sooo alive. I love korea :)
- Pros:I love the feel of this city....so alive and friendly...
- Cons:Certain times of the day gets very, very trafficky. Both with people and vehicles!!
- In a nutshell:I wish I could've stayed much, much longer....
I'd go to the market. Either Dongdeamun Market, Namdaemun Market or Itaewon. There's always something to delight you.... more travel advice
jaam's Related Pages
South Korea Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "South Korea: It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World!"
- "KOREA: "Absolutely, Positively, Unintentionally !""
- "South Korea"
- "SOUTH KOREA"
- "Korea, Coree, Corea, Hanguk, Daehanminguk"
- "The Land of the Morning Calm"
- "A Year in South Korea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in South Korea
- Hotels in South Korea
- Transportation in South Korea
- Nightlife in South Korea
- Restaurants in South Korea
- Shopping in South Korea
- Warnings and Dangers in South Korea
- See All...
Badges & Stats in South Korea
- 11 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to South Korea?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in South Korea
Top 10 Pages
- Isla Patagonia Intro, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hoorn Intro, 1 review, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jeju (city) Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iguassu Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hakodate Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Korea Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Canberra Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Incheon Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Saint-Vincent Intro, 1 review, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tokyo Intro, 4 photos, 1 travelogue