"Velingrad - do you know what it means?" Velingrad by asvetlana
Velingrad Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 63 photos
Velingrad is the Town of Vela Peeva. I would not go into history - the story of young Vela is hardly interesting to anyone but her family now. Still, unlike many places in Bulgaria that changed their names lately, Velingrad is still called the same.
It's the town's pride and joy. You will find many small restaurants around it, and in case you want some action - the water bykes are there for just above 5 Euros for 30 min. No need to worry though - the trout doesn't come from the lake.
- Pros:Mineral water everywhere, clean air, good food - in short - Bulgarian mountains
- Cons:if you don't speak the language, make sure you have a local guide, and it should be a very open-minded person
- In a nutshell:the perfect place to "rough it"
asvetlana's Related Pages
Velingrad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The SPA capital of the Bulgaria"
- "Vela's town"
- "town of Velingrad-in the heart of Rhodopi mountine"
- "Hmm...my first visited city in the Rodopi (teil 1)"
- "Velingrad - do you know what it means?"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Velingrad
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Velingrad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Velingrad
Top 10 Pages
- Lebanon Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Nis Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Vienna Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Athens 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Ohrid Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Cyprus Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Sofia Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Melnik Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Thessaloniki 3 reviews, 2 photos
- London 2 reviews