"Zhangjiajie - China's First National Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Zhangjiajie by vincentf
Zhangjiajie Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 181 photos
Zhangjiajie is located in northwestern section of Hunan province. China had set up its first national park here back in 1982. Subsequently, UNESCO rated it as its natural heritage site. This region is home to the Tujia minority which accounts for 70% of the population.
It is a favourite summer retreat for residents of Changsha due to its cool summer breezes high up in the mountains. In the winter, snow does fall here which can create a magical atmosphere.
Here's a shot of the mountain landscape dotted with snow along one of the cablecar rides to the top.
- Pros:Summer retreat from the intense heat around other provinces
If you're not a fan of spicy foods, Hunan province may be not to your liking. People here eat everything laced with hot... more travel advice
This is the famed medicinal shop that originated in Beijing and has opened many branches around mainland China. This... more travel advice
vincentf's Related Pages
Zhangjiajie Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Zhangjiajie and Wulingyuan National Park"
- "Zhangjiajie - China's First National Park"
- "He is a Gentleman!! Zhangjiajie Hiking Trip"
- "Zhangjiajie National Park"
- "ZHANGJIAJIE NATIONAL FOREST PARK"
- "The Realm of Myth"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zhangjiajie
- Hotels in Zhangjiajie
- Transportation in Zhangjiajie
- Nightlife in Zhangjiajie
- Restaurants in Zhangjiajie
- Shopping in Zhangjiajie
- Warnings and Dangers in Zhangjiajie
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zhangjiajie
- 12 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Zhangjiajie?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zhangjiajie
Photos in ZhangjiajieSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 70 reviews, 88 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macao Intro, 57 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 74 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 27 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Queenstown Intro, 11 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Osaka Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai Intro, 21 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nagoya Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues