"Gongbei - across from Macau SAR" Gongbei by vincentf
Gongbei Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 60 photos
Gongbei is the district right across from Macau. It is a part of Zhuhai city and easily accessible by just walking across the border at Portas do Cerco in Macau. This photo was shot just prior to entering Chinese customs. Thus, this area is normally known as "no man's land" since I had exited Macau's immigration building and not gone through Chinese immigration booths.
It is a haven for many Macanese due to its cheap food and groceries.
Once you leave the immigration booth, you'll see this huge underground mall catering to women's clothing, fabrics and restaurants. It's called Port Plaza. Watch out for transport touts and pickpockets. Purse snatches have been more common nowadays due to the influx of Hong Kong residents now working in Macau.
This is a good restaurant catering to Sichuan food, thus spicy food! If you are fans of extremely spicy food, try the... more travel advice
A real local Chinese restaurant catering to the local delicacy: Hengqin Oysters. Most people opt for hot pot style in... more travel advice
vincentf's Related Pages
Gongbei Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Day trip to Gongbei from Macau"
- "Gongbei - across from Macau SAR"
- "Gongbei photo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gongbei
- Restaurants in Gongbei
- Shopping in Gongbei
- Warnings and Dangers in Gongbei
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Gongbei
- 8 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Gongbei?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gongbei
Photos in GongbeiSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 70 reviews, 88 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macao Intro, 57 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 74 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 27 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Queenstown Intro, 11 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Osaka Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai Intro, 21 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nagoya Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues