"Zhouchuang - Water village" Zhouzhuang by vincentf
Zhouzhuang Travel Guide: 93 reviews and 258 photos
Zhouchuang is a recent attraction outside of Shanghai. It is a village built with many canals. I guess this is what Suzhou would have looked like a few hundred years ago.
This is what this village looks like today. It still retains the old world charm I suppose. This is one of the main canals that cuts a swath in this village.
Everywhere along the canals, you will see these shops selling roast pork knuckle, a local delicacy.
3-wheeled covered bicycles are used for transporting people around this village. more travel advice
There's a local style of roast pork kunckle that should be tried. You can find a lot of these along the canals. more travel advice
vincentf's Related Pages
Zhouzhuang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Zhouzhuang - How To Appreciate This Water Town?"
- "Bridges, Water, Boats...."
- "Zhouzhuang - Venice of the Orient"
- "The acient town on the river"
- "ZHOUZHUANG (Jiangsu Province)"
- "The best reserved water village--- Zhouzhuang"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zhouzhuang
- Hotels in Zhouzhuang
- Transportation in Zhouzhuang
- Nightlife in Zhouzhuang
- Restaurants in Zhouzhuang
- Shopping in Zhouzhuang
- Warnings and Dangers in Zhouzhuang
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Zhouzhuang
- 4 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Zhouzhuang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zhouzhuang
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 70 reviews, 88 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macao Intro, 57 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 74 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 27 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Queenstown Intro, 11 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Osaka Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai Intro, 21 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nagoya Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues