"Hakone - Popular Hot Spring Resort Region" Top 5 Page for this destination Hakone by vincentf
Hakone Travel Guide: 119 reviews and 465 photos
Hakone is a popular resort region located 1.5 hours west of the city of Tokyo. It is a favourite weekend trip for many Tokyo residents to escape the city life. There are many hot spring resorts dotted around the area to soothe your body.
On clear days, this area can offer beautiful views of Mount Fuji with luish green forests and sparkling lakes in the foreground.
With the presence of hot springs, this area was formed by an ancient volcano. The major volcanic activity is now a steep valley emitting billowing smoke from vents. This area is known as Owakudani. It is easily accessible by Hakone Ropeway. Pungent smell of sulphur fills the air. One must buy a bag of hot spring boiled eggs as it claims to add 7 years of your life by eating one!
Hakone Ropeway is a cable car that whisks you from Sounzan to the shores of Lake Ashi. In this picture, Lake Ashi is shown in the background.
Hakone Sightseeing Ship are sailing in Lake Ashi between Togendai, Hakonemachi and Moto-Hakone. These three ship are... more travel advice
A modern cable car that whisks people across the Hakone region (from Sounzan to the shores of Lake Ashi. It will stop at... more travel advice
vincentf's Related Pages
Hakone Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "There’s more to Hakone than Mount Fuji"
- "Hakone - Popular Hot Spring Resort Region"
- "Beautiful Tourist Attraction Near Tokyo"
- "A quick stop"
- "Tour for Hakone"
- "Can you see Fuji-san? (Fujiyama for illiterates)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hakone
- Hotels in Hakone
- Transportation in Hakone
- Restaurants in Hakone
- Shopping in Hakone
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hakone
- 9 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Hakone?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hakone
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 70 reviews, 88 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macao Intro, 57 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 74 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 27 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Queenstown Intro, 11 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Osaka Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai Intro, 21 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nagoya Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues