"Hong Kong - My Home away from home" Hong Kong by vincentf

Hong Kong Travel Guide: 8,560 reviews and 20,866 photos

Welcome to Hong Kong! This is a shot taken from my apartment just after a rainstorm. Lucky for me, I caught a rainbow right on Victoria Harbour! I have lived here since late-1995. So, I have more or less gotten used to what a hectic life Hong Kong can give you! It is also a good base for trips around Asia too. Hong Kong is a land of contrasts, from urban sprawl to remote wilderness all tucked into an area of Metropolitan Toronto.

This is a shot of Plover Cove Reservoir in the New Territories. There is no sign of human activity!

Here's another natural scenery of Hong Kong. This is Big Wave Bay located near Shek O. The beach is wide and quite clean in comparison with Repulse Bay.

• Pros:Shopper's Paradise
  • Cons:Be weary of crowded streets and bad air pollution
  • In a nutshell:Experience "East meets West" Culture
  • Intro Updated Oct 13, 2005

• Audrey118's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2004 at 11:32 PM

You really really love your desserts...... i personally love most HKong desserts as well..hot, cold, custard...whatever

• devmicha's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2004 at 10:18 AM

WHat do you DO in HK?

• coolpanda87's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2004 at 10:04 PM

Wish I was back in HK right now, TO is too cold ... great pg =D .. Is it hard being a CBC in HK? .. For it's sure hard being a FOB in TO.

• ukirsari's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2003 at 4:24 AM

What a beautiful raduga [rainbow in Russian lingp] nearby your home :) Love it!!!

• mim95's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2003 at 8:23 PM

good hiking info...wish I had the time to go when I was in HK last time...

• Canadienne's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2003 at 12:35 PM

I work in the corporate office of a hospitality-industry company. . .I give 110% and it's rewarded with flexibility to accomodate my passion. . .travel. :-) But, I count myself lucky!

• Lemonita's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2003 at 7:31 PM

I was just looking for seafood restaurants in Sai Kung ! Cool that I've found your tips ! Very long list of restaurants !!

• Jun 28, 2003 at 9:34 AM

I have a suggestion - Another great dessert place to recommend to others is "B-Jai" Leung Fun located in Yuen Long, adjacent to a large storm sewer.

vincentf Lives Here!

vincentf

“Travel the World”

Badges & Stats in Hong Kong

Have you been to Hong Kong?

Latest Activity in Hong Kong