"Mactan Island - Cebu's Beachside Resorts" Mactan Island by vincentf
Mactan Island Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 98 photos
Mactan Island lies just east of Cebu City via two cross channel bridges. All the beachside resorts lie along Mactan Island. It also houses the Mactan-Cebu International Airport with direct flights from several Asian cities including Hong Kong.
Public transport in this area comes in a wide variety of choices. One of them is the motorized tricycle as shown here. The fare is around P4 per person.
This island is normally the jumping point for snorkelling/diving tours to the islands off of Mactan Island. You normally travel to these islands by these outrigger boats. This photo was taken upon returning from a full day of snorkelling. The outrigger encountered low tide, thus we had to be transferred on to a small boat to reach the pier.
- Pros:Experience local village life
- Cons:Poor road conditions
Jeepneys are found throughout the Philippines for a mere P4 per person for the trip. more travel advice
Cebu is famous for its wooden guitars. However, we only bought a small one just as a souvenir. These can be found in... more travel advice
vincentf's Related Pages
Mactan Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mactan Island"
- "Homeplace of Lapu- lapu"
- "Mactan Island , Cebu"
- "Mactan Island - Cebu's Beachside Resorts"
- "Where Ferdinand Magellan was Defeated"
- "A Banca leaving for Hilungtungan Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mactan Island
- Hotels in Mactan Island
- Transportation in Mactan Island
- Restaurants in Mactan Island
- Shopping in Mactan Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Mactan Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mactan Island
- 8 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Mactan Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mactan Island
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 70 reviews, 88 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macao Intro, 57 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 74 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 27 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Queenstown Intro, 11 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Osaka Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai Intro, 21 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nagoya Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues