"Kuala Lumpur - Capital of Malaysia" Kuala Lumpur by vincentf
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide: 6,388 reviews and 15,005 photos
Kuala Lumpur is the capital of Malaysia. It is a sprawling city right in the middle of peninsular Malaysia. What struck me was the fact that a lot of Chinese speak Cantonese, instead of Hokkien or Mandarin. It has the famed Petronas Twin Towers that dominate the skyline. But, the Kuala Lumpur Tower is just as attractive.
This city also has a Chinatown just like Singapore. However, it is a lot more rundown than its southern counterpart. As you can see, the buildings are low and really in bad shape. *update* Jalan Petaling, the famed night market has a roof cover. Thus, when rain comes, you can still relatively walk at ease.
A stark contrast is the mega shopping mall at the base of the Petronas Twin Towers, Suria KLCC. It is clean and gleaming!
- Pros:Improving public transport
- Cons:It still has a lot of areas that are underdeveloped.
- In a nutshell:Malaysia's biggest city
Bak Kut Teh is readily available around Malaysia. It is a concoction of meats in a medicinal soup. You can purchase the... more travel advice
This is an extremely affordable yet luxurious way to travel around Malaysia. Yes, it is called 'Nice' bus. We took the... more travel advice
vincentf's Related Pages
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kuala Lumpur"
- "Kuala Lumpur - My Home"
- "KL - where the rivers (and all things else) meet."
- "-=Latest & Happening In Town=-"
- "I grew up here!!!"
- "The City That I Feel So Comfortable In..."
- "the city I grew up in..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuala Lumpur
- Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
- Transportation in Kuala Lumpur
- Nightlife in Kuala Lumpur
- Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
- Shopping in Kuala Lumpur
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuala Lumpur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuala Lumpur
- 7 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuala Lumpur
- Posted in Travel Qatar Forum "Re: US Currency in Doha?"
- updated a Kuala Lumpur Travel Page "Kuala Lumpur - Capital of Malaysia"
- Commented on one of l_joo's Kuala Lumpur travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Kuala Lumpur - Last Visit in November 2002"
- Wrote a Review Try Bak Kut Teh in Kuala Lumpur Restaurants
Photos in Kuala LumpurSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 70 reviews, 88 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macao Intro, 57 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 74 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 27 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Queenstown Intro, 11 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Osaka Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai Intro, 21 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nagoya Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues