"Big Jim Stands Guard ..." Dublin by dmrtn
Dublin Travel Guide: 5,159 reviews and 9,524 photos
Most people have their heroes. I've never been one for adulation but if I was then it'd have to be for any trade union leaders or visible representative during the 19th and early 20th century. Its not just that they stood up for what they believed in, but the things they accomplished have made the world a better place for everyone. And they stood up against the forces of the rich, the government and the police. This deserves enormous respect.
At school, we learn about wars and generals and kings and princes from the history books. Only a small section is devoted to this part of our history.
Ireland's representative is represented by this statue in the middle of O'Connell St. Its probably not enough, but then can it ever be?
Originally was conceived as an Australian bar, its now pretty much associated with anyone from Australia, New Zealand... more travel advice
Tasty, tasty, tasty food at great prices. What's not to love? Note: All chicken and lamb dishes are served with the meat... more travel advice
dmrtn's Related Pages
Dublin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ultra Trendy Capital City"
- "Great place - but not the real Ireland"
- "Dublin - The Windy City!!"
- "My first trip to Ireland!"
- "Dirty old town"
- "The GREAT city of Dublin"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dublin
- Hotels in Dublin
- Transportation in Dublin
- Nightlife in Dublin
- Restaurants in Dublin
- Shopping in Dublin
- Warnings and Dangers in Dublin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dublin
- 28 Reviews
- 49 Photos
- 114 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Dublin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dublin
Photos in DublinSee All Photos (49)
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 28 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 1 review, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Belfast Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Punchestown Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Braunschweig Intro, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brighton Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Howth Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Derry Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- County Clare Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue