"LA VIRGEN DE BETANIA" Cùa by AleMich13
Cùa Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 17 photos
Betania is the most famous place in Cúa, and the only one that attracts visitors from all over the world. Why ? it doesn't seem a very touristic place. Well, it's not .The people who come here are attracted to this place because Virgin Mary has appeared in Betania several times since the 70's. So catholics and non catholics come to see why is this place considered miraculous and mystical... they come to say thanks, to pray or .. (of course) looking for a miracle.
In our case, we went to Betania from Caracas via Charallave (one hour and a half approx.), with a big basket of flowers (see picture) to offer to Our Lady of Betania. Anxious to get the place, there was quite a dissapointment with the extremely dry vegetation that accompanied us along the way from Caracas. BUT, while we were approaching Betania the landscape turned suddenly green and rainforest like! (see picture) The change seemed magical, miraculous! and we couldn't stop thinking that it had to be a Virgin's miracle...
Betania is a sacred place, so you should have that in mind. It means that you should behave there the same way you behave at a church or any other temple.
To know more about Our Lady of Betania go to:
A lot of people believe that our Lady of Betania has done a lot of miracles. Each of the acknoledgements that you see in this picture was brought by a person who wanted to thank something to the Virgin (such as the cure of a disease or any other miracle).
Comfortable shoes and summer clothes. It's a good idea to bring a candle or a bunch of flowers. You should put them... more travel advice
AleMich13's Related Pages
Cùa Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Cùa
- 3 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Cùa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cùa
Top 10 Pages
- Orlando Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos, 5 travelogues
- Isla Coche Intro, 13 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Morrocoy Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Caracas Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos, 4 travelogues
- Colonia Tovar Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cùa Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venezuela Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Morris Plains Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue