"Guadalupe River Camping Trips" New Braunfels by AmericanH
New Braunfels Travel Guide: 143 reviews and 243 photos
For 10 years on Memorial Day weekend a group of us would meet at the Guadalupe River. We would usually average 25 folks. We always stayed together at the same campsite. It always looked like a little tent city. Each year there would be a group of regulars and always some new faces. There were several groups camping where we stayed. By the end of the weekend all the different groups would merge into one huge party.
We would always get there a few days before the weekend so we could enjoy the solitude of the river. Because on Friday the crowds moved in. Imagine 160,000 people camping on a 16 mile stretch of river. It was like spring break at Daytona Beach. Once Friday arrived, the party stayed going on that river non-stop till Monday. There are so many tubes and rafts on the river, it is gridlocked for miles. The river of water literally changes into a river of innertubes, rafts and people.
- Pros:It's One Big Party
- Cons:The Party Never Stops
- In a nutshell:It's One Big Party
This whole area is a great place to visit. San Antonio is 20 mins. away with the Alamo and the River Walk Downtown. New... more travel advice
AmericanH's Related Pages
New Braunfels Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Day in New Braunfels"
- "New Braunfels"
- "Mighty's new New Braunfels Page"
- "Keeweechic's New Braunfels"
- "Basaic New Braunfels Page"
- "Great food at the historic Gristmill Restaurant"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Braunfels
- Hotels in New Braunfels
- Transportation in New Braunfels
- Nightlife in New Braunfels
- Restaurants in New Braunfels
- Shopping in New Braunfels
- Warnings and Dangers in New Braunfels
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New Braunfels
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to New Braunfels?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Braunfels
Photos in New BraunfelsSee All Photos (4)
Top 5 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- New Braunfels Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Dallas Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos