"Mineral de Angangeo and El Rosario Sanctuary" Angangueo by alfredop
Angangueo Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 42 photos
Angangueo, is a picturesque town located 33 km (20 mi) from Zitacuaro in the State of Michoacan, Mexico
Angangueo has an ecological reserve, where each year the "Monarca" butterfly arrives in the months of October through March.
Nearby of Angangeo are beautiful forests such as 'Las Papas', 'Las Trojes' and 'Rancho Verde'.
6 kilometers from the town of Angangueo, to the north of Zitácuaro, lies the El Rosario Monarch Butterfly Sanctuary.
It is estimated that every winter, some 100 million monarch butterflies migrate from Canada and the U.S. to alight and often weigh down the branches of the pine and fir trees of the area.
- Pros:Something you won't see anywhere else!
- Cons:Not much to do, rest, relax and enjoy the butterflies!
Take a walk among Angangeo's streets. You'll find lots of picturesque corners and you'll find out more about small towns... more travel advice
Take good walking shoes or boots for walking in the sanctuary no matter how you plan to get there. Take a couple of... more travel advice
alfredop's Related Pages
Angangueo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mineral de Angangeo and El Rosario Sanctuary"
- "Home of the Monarchs"
- "Angangueo (Sanctuario de las Mariposas Monarcas)"
- "Angangueo--one couple's Mexican driving adventure"
- "A home base close to the Monarch Butterflies..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Angangueo
- Hotels in Angangueo
- Transportation in Angangueo
- Restaurants in Angangueo
- Warnings and Dangers in Angangueo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Angangueo
- 7 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Angangueo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Angangueo
Top 10 Pages
- Manchester Intro, 27 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 18 reviews, 41 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santo Domingo Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos
- Dublin Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Xilitla Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos, 4 travelogues
- Isla Contadora Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos
- Montreal 8 reviews, 23 photos
- Madrid Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Distrito Capital de Santafé de Bogotá Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues