"Queretaro" Top 5 Page for this destination Querétaro by alfredop
Querétaro Travel Guide: 108 reviews and 212 photos
Cities: San Juan del Rio, Tequisquiapan
Size: 11,796 km
Weather: There are 3 different climates in the state.
- South: Between 12 and 18 Celsius degrees as an average.
- Center: Between 7 and 25 Celsius degrees as an average.
- North: Between 14 and 28 Celsius degrees as an average.
Distance from Mexico City: 222 km, 2 hours by car aproximately.
Main airlines: Aeromar, Aerolitoral with flights from the main cities in Mexico, such as Mexico City, Guadalajara and Monterrey.
Rainy seasons: From June to September.
Industrial activity focuses on the food processing (dairy products, canned fruit and vegetables, baby foods), chemical (fertilizers), and farm vehicle industries. Queretaro's proximity to Mexico City and an excellent road network facilitated the relocation of industry from the metropolitan area.
The municipalities in the vicinity of the city of Queretaro have all of the infrastructure to accomodate modern industrial plants.
Foreign companies, such as Kimberly Clark de Mexico, General Electric, Singer, Massey Ferguson, Gerber Products and Kellogg's de Mexico, among others have invested in the state.
The climate is generally dry and temperate and provides an excellent environment for agricultural products. Queretaro is well known for its vineyards, but avocados, peaches and apples are also cultivated. Major crops include corn, beans, sorghum, wheat, barley and alfalfa.
Queretaro has a wide variety of architectonic styes, from old colonial buildings to modern squares and finance centers, including a French style railroad station whish is now transformed into a nice group of restaurants and bars.
This variety is the result of Queretaro's history that has marked the city with such amazing monuments.
During XVII and XVIII centuries, Queretaro was transformed into one of the main cities within the New Spain because of it's economical development.
This caused the main haciendas to be transformed into luxury palaces owned by the richest men in Mexico. This can be observed nearby the main square within the city thanks to the well preserved buildings which generate an unforgettable atmosphere for all visitors transporting them back in time to that age.
Part of a restaurant chain that is available along Mexico at major cities. This restaurant sends out a young and... more travel advice
Built in 1756 in the heart of the colonial city of Querétaro as a private residence, La Casa de la Marquesa is an... more travel advice
alfredop's Related Pages
Querétaro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Queretaro es Mejor"
- "Amazing Mexican City!"
- "The City - Queretaro"
- "Idiosyncratic Querétaro"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Querétaro
- Hotels in Querétaro
- Transportation in Querétaro
- Nightlife in Querétaro
- Restaurants in Querétaro
- Shopping in Querétaro
- Warnings and Dangers in Querétaro
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Querétaro
- 9 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Querétaro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Querétaro
Top 10 Pages
- Manchester Intro, 27 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 18 reviews, 41 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santo Domingo Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos
- Dublin Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Xilitla Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos, 4 travelogues
- Isla Contadora Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos
- Montreal 8 reviews, 23 photos
- Madrid Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Distrito Capital de Santafé de Bogotá Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues