"Cerro de Monserrate" Monserrate by alfredop
Monserrate Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 4 photos
Cerro de Monserrate is of great importance for Bogotá. The white church built on the summit of a mountain 3,200 meters high dominates the cityscape. Pilgrims, devoted to the Señor Caído (a statue of Christ inside the church), visit to pay their dues for the idol's generosity. The mountaintop offers the best panoramic view of Bogotá. There is also a handicrafts market, good cafes and a couple of excellent restaurants with traditional menus, which stay open until midnight.
You can get to the top by funicular or by cable car. Make sure to get up either by the funicular or cable car and go down with the other vehicle so you can enjoy both!
There is a very good view of the city from the top of Monserrate (3210 m.) The convent at the top is a popular shrine visited by thousands of devoted Catholics every day. At the summit of the mountain there is a platform overlooking the whole Sabana de Bogotá.
It is open dailly from 9AM to 6PM.
- In a nutshell:Worth it specially for the pictures of Bogota you can take from the top!
alfredop's Related Pages
Monserrate Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Monserrate
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Monserrate?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monserrate
Top 10 Pages
- Manchester Intro, 27 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 18 reviews, 41 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santo Domingo Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos
- Dublin Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Xilitla Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos, 4 travelogues
- Isla Contadora Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos
- Montreal 8 reviews, 23 photos
- Madrid Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Distrito Capital de Santafé de Bogotá Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues